“Bellissimo is utterly fantastic”

Bellissimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 421 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and University
Description: Bellissimo Restaurant, Fine Northern Italian Cuisine, is a chef- owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of Historic Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. We serve lunch Tuesdays-Fridays and dinner every day of the week! We can accommodate private parties of up to 65 people, and can do a special event any day of the week at any time! We offer discounts to people going to the Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts. See you soon!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bellissimo is utterly fantastic”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have traveled all over Europe, and I have European food daily, and I can say without a doubt that Bellissimo provided me with some of the most fantastic European food (if not all food in general) that I have ever had the pleasure of dining upon.

Ignore any and all less than stellar reviews for this restaurant, it is without a doubt the home of one of the finest dining experiences that I have ever had.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LoganF553

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I Wish There Were More Than Five Stars”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I'm going to keep this short....
Food is extraordinary. Flavorful, well presented, Served with style and courtesy.
Service staff are friendly, prompt and add significantly to the atmosphere.
Convenient parking, warm welcoming atmosphere.
The wine choices are pretty good. Drink service is surprisingly good for a restaurant.
Prices aren't cheap but worth every cent.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank G C
“Way too hyped up”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We came here on New Year's Eve bc we wanted something low key and romantic. We thought this place would provide that atmosphere. We were surprised to walk in to this tiny overly cheesy decor and although the wait staff was really nice and attentive the food was just ok. It's not too expensive but by the great reviews I expected more and better food and I could of just gone to a chain like Morton's or something.

• Visited January 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Perfect for Valentine's Day”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Delicious and intimate=win for a Valentine's Day date. I had the special spinach ravioli stuffed with lobster and torreta di mozzarella. Mmmm. Seriously good. Definitely too pricey for every day, but great for special occasions.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lisa S
Annandale, Virginia
“Wonderful food: great wait staff”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went there to celebrate our anniversary, waiter very friendly and helpful. The appetizer of mushrooms and fortina I cheese is great. Three of us ordered different entrees - seafood, chicken and veal and each one of us enjoyed the meal. We had planned on dessert but no one could eat any more. Very nice selection of wine.

Visited December 2013