WINNER WONDERLAND

“A Fine Italian Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellissimo Restaurant

Bellissimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 395 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and University
Description: Bellissimo Restaurant, Fine Northern Italian Cuisine, is a chef- owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of Historic Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. We serve lunch and dinner. We love having special parties and can hold up to 65 people. We can do a special event any day of the week at any time! We offer discounts to people going to the Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts.
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Fine Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been going to Bellissimo numbers of time and have never been disappointed with our dining experience. Last night, my wife and I had one of the best meals, with fine service and with a romantic ambiance. I started with a muscle/escargot appetizer in a buttery, well seasoned sauce to die for followed by an entree of assorted seafood in a beautifully matched rich sauce over pasta, one of the evening's specials...superb! Our portions were so generous that dessert was out of the question this time.

Though on the pricey side, the dinner, service, and dining environment were well worth it.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dareg10

Vienna, Virginia
“Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

After driving by this place several times, we decided to wander in for an early Sunday dinner. So glad we did! The food was outstanding and the service was warm and efficient. The special spinach salad with fresh fennel, walnuts and a simple lemon dressing signaled the kitchen knows how to showcase ingredients. The special halibut with artichokes and tomatoes lightly sauced was one of the finest seafood dishes I've had anywhere. My teens thoroughly enjoyed their pasta dishes, which were both ample and delicious. Even without the lovely murals of Venice, the dining room, with its formal white tablecloths and draperies, reminded us of our travels in Italy. Bellissimo? Indeed.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank mcramba
Washington, DC
“If I was rating just the food, it's a FIVE.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff argues too much, right in the open dining area in front of patrons.

"No cinnamon on the cappuccino, I told you, no cinnamon!", for example.

I had perfect linguini with lobster, scallops and shrimp in a wonderful pink sauce that took me back to Italy.

The ambiance is very nice, and somewhat formal.

The house cabernet was very full bodied and complex.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IntrepidFromDC
Virginia
“Excellent evening enjoying a vegetarian meal with amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had an excellent anniversary dinner. We decided to try the vegetarian meal (5 courses). I would recommend coming very hungry because we were both full by the time we got out of there almost 2 hours later. It was abosuletly the best restaurant that I have been to yet. There is free parking less than a block away... we noticed the staff were above par, and I never saw the bottom of my glass of water. The Tiramisu was so good that it topped off the evening with that and coffee. It is great for groups as we had a group come in after us and the atmosphere was excellent and no issues hearing each other. Though the only possible negative is the fact that it is small bathrooms. I made a reservation and I forgot to mention it when we walked it. They were open a few minutes before five - :) I plan to go back soon! I hope this review gives everyone a good over view and they asked if we had any allergies/problems before starting the mystery vegetarian 5 course meal!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank theleesons
north carolina/virginia
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We dropped in without a reservation on a Sunday evening when we were in the area and luckily were able to be seated. The food, the service, and the ambiance all were excellent. Years ago when we lived in Fairfax we used to go to a pizza place that was in this same location and were so pleasantly surprised to find such a wonderful dining experience now located there. I had the halibut and my husband had the veal -- both were specials of the day -- and both were delicious. We were made to feel so welcome and can't wait to have another excuse to drive to Fairfax to enjoy a meal there.

• Visited April 2013