“Very Good Italian Fare” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bellissimo Restaurant

Bellissimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 415 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and University
Description: Bellissimo Restaurant, Fine Northern Italian Cuisine, is a chef- owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of Historic Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. We serve lunch and dinner. We love having special parties and can hold up to 65 people. We can do a special event any day of the week at any time! We offer discounts to people going to the Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts.
Germany
“Very Good Italian Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner. We were immediately and warmly greeted by the accommodating staff. The meal was very good. My wife enjoyed the homemade ravioli with stuffed with veal and served with quail. I had the seafood linguini, which was exceptional. Having lived in Italy for three years, the food was very close to authentic Italian fare found in restaurants in Italy. Our server was very nice and ensured that we were well cared for. The surroundings are small and intimate and well decorated. It was rather expensive so I would not recommend as a place to take the family; however, I would definitely recommend as a location to celebrate a special occassion.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dave2605

Burke, Virginia
“Great food, Great service, Great time all the time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The food is always great. We have gone there for the past 5+ years for my parents anniversary or other special days. The staff is always warm, welcoming, knowledge and friendly. I can't say enough good things about this place. Highly recommend it.

2 Thank JennaW703
St. Augustine, Florida
“Molto Bene!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Dinner at Bellissimo was the start of a special Symphony evening for my wife's birthday. It was simply marvelous from start to finish. Parking was easy (and free) at a lot a block away. Service was old-world gracious from first greeting to "buona notte." The maître’d even sang “Happy Birthday” in Italian, much to my Italian-speaking wife’s delight. The restaurant is small but inviting--reminiscent of similar places in Rome. Acoustics were very good and the lighting perfect for a romantic evening. The food was absolutely delicious. Presentation was good, portions were generous and serving was well-coordinated. The pace of service was relaxed but attentive, which we liked. Even though the wine list is good, I chose to bring my own and pay the $25 corkage fee. The result was a very happy sommelier with whom we shared and a modest bill at the end of the evening. We were completely satisfied and shall definitely return.

7 Thank Ninjaneer1
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I ate her for our anniversary. It is a very small restaurant located in the heart of Fairfax City. Convenient parking right next to the restaurant. The food was fantastic. The wine list while not large was more than adequate with a nice selection of Italian wines in all price ranges. The service was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Make sure that you get a reservation as they are very small. Convenient reservations through Open Table.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank rob b
Troy, Virginia
“Amazing Locally Owned Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I would have given it a 5 except that all our food didn't arrive at the same time. That being said, everything else was perfection. The food was incredible. We had 20 people have lunch here for a retirement party. It is a small restaurant but worked for our group. The owner was extremely helpful and flexible during the planning process. We had appetizers waiting for us followed by a three course meal and I didn't hear a single complaint. Everyone was raving about the food. The prices (although not cheap) were spot on for the quality of food that was served.

• Visited November 2012