“Good food and fast service”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #6 of 419 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
“Good food and fast service”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Silver Diner this morning to seek breakfast and refuge from the snow only to find that there was a line 20 deep - clearly a popular place on a Sunday morning. To our pleasant surprise the line moved quickly and we only waited five minutes.
The food was good, and fresh, and the service was excellent.

Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great fresh food, updated atmosphere and good prices.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant recently upgraded its decor and menu. The decor has murals on the walls. Still has diner atmosphere but clean and upgraded. The menu now offers fresh food with unusual combinations--but delicious. We had pot roast and meatloaf over mashed potatoes. Just like home cooking. We're also had breakfast here too and enjoyed it.

• Visited October 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“Great look, great food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of dining not once, but twice in this diner. I found the staff exceedingly pleasant, and in particular, on my second visit, patient. I was with 10 other people, among which were 4 small children (all boys!). Never did anyone have the feeling that the waiter would have rather had root canal than deal with such a group. He was always there, accommodating and cheerful without being pretentiously servile. They very smartly put us in one end, and the rest of the patrons at the other. In my experience, intelligence is not frequently found anymore.
The look is a charming deco, and the food, while pretty standard, is also, across the board, done well. The desserts are also a treat. Normally I find that diner desserts taste like "refrigerator". Not in this case. They also had a mini-sundae, which was perfect for those of us pretending to watch what we eat! No question of revisiting next time I'm in the area.

Bristol, WI
“A Trip Back to the 50s”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Being from the Midwest I had never eaten at a Silver Diner until our trip to Virginia. The diner in Fairfax, VA was neat because it incorporated all the fanciful diner features like table top juke boxes, chrome, tile floors and neon with modern comforts like wide booths, air conditioning and a variety of menu items. Our waitress was all smiles and happily explained some of the dishes. The meatloaf was great, as was the burger and kids selection. My 7 year old was fascinated by the juke box and so was I. We played two or three songs. It was nice to be able to adjust the volume on the machine so when you wanted to talk you could. A great choice for family fun.

Lompoc, California
“Good food but a little pricey”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice feel, good retro ambiance, music a tad loud. My grandson had the cajun spiced salmon- he could detect no heat in the spices. I had the flatiron steak and it was good. My wife had a chicken salad and it was also good and a nice size. All in all, an adequate restaurant but for all the hype, a bit of a disappointment in price and quality.