“Disappointed”

Ranked #21 of 495 Restaurants in Fairfax
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2018

The decor is filthy - the chairs are stained all over with oil and who knows what else - not anything I want to be sitting on. The waitress BARELY understood English and could not answer basic questions about the menu. Finally she understood on the 3rd-4th attempt. Finally we were ready to order.

Bikini Shrimp - $8 for four little sticks of shrimp that are gone in one bite. What a complete ripoff.

Ka Prao- We asked for this with no added sugar and it was good- you really don't miss the sugar with the basil and hot peppers in there. This was the star of the show.

Crab Fried Rice - There was honestly hardly any crab in here - my girlfriend found little strands of crab in her fried rice, but that was it. There was absolutely no taste of crab in the dish. I regret not saying something.

Pad Thai w/ Seafood - We ordered this without sugar and the chef came and said it would not taste good without and suggested we add a little. It was flavorless and didn't have a lot of seafood either. To me, a dish shouldn't need a lot of sugar to make it taste good.

I won't be back - there are better Thai places in the area.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Went to dinner with a group of friends and enjoyed it. Had a frozen pineapple drink and Drunken Noodles. They were both good. Waitress was attentive. I like the eclectic collection of furniture and wall hangings. The place could use a good refresh and cleaning though.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 25, 2018

This is a very popular place, We had reservations and we still had to wait 30 minutes for a table at 6 pm on a Friday night. The restaurant is small but the food and staff are among the best!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Adorable little cafe style restaurant with pictures of little humans all over the walls portraying the sisters vibe. Outstanding menu selection with honestly the best Thai food I’ve had since I came back from Thailand a few years ago.
The service was also extremely helpful and even prompted questions about fish and oyster sauce for the vegetarian selections we made while ordering (Vegan here!) which I appreciated so much. They were extremely accommodating with my dietary restrictions. They could pretty much veganise everything that had a veggie or tofu option!
The Tom Kha was a different and honestly better version of one I’ve ever had any where else. The curries were perfect and has a slight fennel taste added which we all loved! I’ve never thought of adding fennel to my curries but I will absolutely be doing it now. The drunken noodles were the best any of us had ever had. The rest of the group also had several appetizers that weren’t vegan that they couldn’t stop raving about (until their entrees came lol). The presentation was beautiful, we ordered way too much and ate pretty much everything cuz that’s just how great it was. Thank you, Sisters!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018

My husband and I had a day date and came in, without reservations, for lunch based on our daughter-in-law's recommendation. My husband ordered the honey roasted duck while I chose the pottery shrimp. Both were lovely- fresh ingredients, flavorful, warming, and filling on a cold day.
In addition to the food, we really liked the feel of the restaurant, cozy and homey as others have mentioned.
We will definitely be back when in old Town Fairfax again.

Date of visit: January 2018