“Good Food & Fun Atmosphere”

Sisters - The Living Room Cafe
Ranked #21 of 495 Restaurants in Fairfax
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Went to dinner with a group of friends and enjoyed it. Had a frozen pineapple drink and Drunken Noodles. They were both good. Waitress was attentive. I like the eclectic collection of furniture and wall hangings. The place could use a good refresh and cleaning though.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed April 25, 2018

This is a very popular place, We had reservations and we still had to wait 30 minutes for a table at 6 pm on a Friday night. The restaurant is small but the food and staff are among the best!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Adorable little cafe style restaurant with pictures of little humans all over the walls portraying the sisters vibe. Outstanding menu selection with honestly the best Thai food I’ve had since I came back from Thailand a few years ago.
The service was also extremely helpful and even prompted questions about fish and oyster sauce for the vegetarian selections we made while ordering (Vegan here!) which I appreciated so much. They were extremely accommodating with my dietary restrictions. They could pretty much veganise everything that had a veggie or tofu option!
The Tom Kha was a different and honestly better version of one I’ve ever had any where else. The curries were perfect and has a slight fennel taste added which we all loved! I’ve never thought of adding fennel to my curries but I will absolutely be doing it now. The drunken noodles were the best any of us had ever had. The rest of the group also had several appetizers that weren’t vegan that they couldn’t stop raving about (until their entrees came lol). The presentation was beautiful, we ordered way too much and ate pretty much everything cuz that’s just how great it was. Thank you, Sisters!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018

My husband and I had a day date and came in, without reservations, for lunch based on our daughter-in-law's recommendation. My husband ordered the honey roasted duck while I chose the pottery shrimp. Both were lovely- fresh ingredients, flavorful, warming, and filling on a cold day.
In addition to the food, we really liked the feel of the restaurant, cozy and homey as others have mentioned.
We will definitely be back when in old Town Fairfax again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Hidden, in the Fairfax Main ST area, this was a hidden and welcomed jewel. If you go at a standard eating times, you will have to call ahead for reservations. A Sunday, around 3-4:30pm, is a good time!! Not your typical restaurant accommodation (seats and tables). Dessert menu is a collage of family pics in a photo album style (taking about different). Really enjoy the atmosphere, did not care for the "fried fish"; however, all other traditional Thai dishes were outstanding and tasty.

Date of visit: February 2018