“Busy on a Sunday afternoon”
Review of Viet House

Viet House
Ranked #100 of 428 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a large bowl of vegetarian pho and a bowl of the the dry vermicelli noodle vegetarian bowl (cilantro, sliced spring rolls, cucumber, chopped nuts) ... both very satsifying. Both food and service were just fine. This place appears to have a steady clientele,and likely because they are able to continue to provide consistent dining and service. Definitely a place to return to. Casual atmosphere and was not super noisy though when we were there, there were quite a few folks. Open to 9 pm on weekdays and Saturday. Open to 8 pm on Sunday.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have pasted this shop 1000 times I always thought it was veteran’s club house. The place looks modern inside, but most tables are lined up in rows touching.( each other that a little strange.) Well the portions we had were very large and the broth was the best I have had.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I try & go here once a month. The vermicelli bowl is the only thing I ever get because it is always good. very fresh.
Staff is friendly. Always has a good crowd, but can get a table.
My friend & I go to get our vermicelli bowl fix & don't even need a menu.
Great value!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've been to Viet House a couple of times. Service is somewhat cold, but that may be due to the lack of spoken English. Food is okay. Servers cook your meat at the table so it's nice and hot. Sushi varieties okay - quality is good. As is typical with many buffets, the hot food is really just lukewarm. Dine here if you want a fairly good meat offering.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Based on other reviews here plus it was close to our hotel (ie 0.5 mi), I decided to visit this restaurant and order out to take the food back with me. Also, let me say that my ethnic background makes me very well acquainted with Vietnamese food.

Perhaps this restaurant is known for its pho, which I did not order because it doesn't taste as good when ordering out. Instead I opted for goi cuon (summer/spring rolls), bun (rice vermicelli with pork and egg rolls) and com (rice with pork). The goi cuon were large and while not the best, were quite good. No issues there. The problem is with the other two dishes which used the same kind of pork. The pork is usually a rich, dark color from the caramelization of the sugars as it is grilled. In this case, it was more of a grey/light brown and the lack of flavor in it hurt both dishes. The bun also contained egg rolls which were big and pretty good but the nuoc mam seasoning that you apply to the bun and rice didn't have the usual flavorings.

I normally would not have gone to this restaurant as we'd normally visit the ones further east on Arlington. If you're willing to make the drive, then those are the ones I'd recommend to those looking for authentic Vietnamese food.