“Good Buffet, Disappointing Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Minerva Indian Cusine

Minerva Indian Cusine
Ranked #197 of 392 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manassas, Virginia
“Good Buffet, Disappointing Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My friend had been bugging me to check out this buffet for a while now. I finally decided to visit Minerva's one weekend with him. My initial thoughts on the interior was that it was lacking. It seemed a bit too plain, and didn't create an atmosphere of any sort really. There were some Indian families eating there, so I figured the food would be good if they were there.

The food was pretty good all in all. The saags they had were well spiced and creamy, the paneer makhal was tasty, and the goat curry was pleasant. The chicken curry wasn't bad, but the chicken was dry which detracted from it. The naan wasn't special, and the carrot dessert was excellent. Unfortunately, when I went up to get a second helping of it, a cockroach started walking on it. I didn't eat anything else for the rest of my stay. Aside from what may have been a health violation, the food was pretty good.

The service wasn't as wonderful as the food. I received glares from employees as I ate, and honestly felt unwelcome. They also weren't very polite. I mean hey, I guess I won't complain, since the food was good. I have control of the tip in the end, so it didn't matter to me. After leaving a poor tip, I was convinced that I probably wouldn't return again. I could find equally as good food, if not better, at Jaipur or Curry Mantra.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars

Northern VA
“Disappointingly bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I like my spices and didn't enjoy the lunch buffet as much as at other Indian restaurants (Curry Mantra esp). Less flavorful than I had hoped.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Sunday buffet was a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Chitanya, who grew up north of Mumbai until he was15, told my daughter and I about Minerva. His family would drive up from Woodbridge to have a family gathering at Minerva. My wife. My youngest son, my daughter and Chitanya went on 2-10-2013. On a 1-10 scale it was a 12!! Such a large variety to choose from and the employees were very polite and attentive when we asked questions. I love Indian food and this,ace has over 25 items on the buffet so anyone can find something they enjoy.
What was surprising was the fruit desert with an icy yogurt over fruits. It was so chilled it reminded me of ice cream.
I will definitely be coming again, and again. Bon appetite!

• Visited February 2013
Oakton, Virginia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is great. We visit regularly, mainly for the fantastic buffet. The only problem with the buffet is that I cannot stop eating. The food is fresh and spicy. Get there when the buffet opens or you will have a wait. Dinners are also OK, but the service can be spotty. The restaurant does not look too clean, but the food is always outstanding.

Visited November 2012
“The Indian buffet for Lunch is a must go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We attended the indian buffet that they offer for lunch and this is excellent value for money. You can help yourself with more than 20 different indian dishes and a couple of indian-chinese dishes. The food is good, which is also witnessed by the presence of many patrons which where of indian origin. The set up is simple (paper towels and no tablecloth) but what gets in the plate compensate for it. For 2 adults+2children plus 2 sodas we got 51usd (excluding tip).