“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Fairfax, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

With an expansive menu, attentive service and generous portions of very good eating, the Star Thai is a real winner in an area thick with eating choices. My friend and I each ordered an appetizer (very tasty BarBQ chicken kabob with peanut sauce and an unusually good calamari) followed by entrees that were equally fine. I have found a new spot to itch me frequent Thai scratchings and it's an unobtrusive small well appointed little gen tucked in Fair Lakes Mall. Very Good!

• Visited March 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unsatisfactory Thai food”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We have been to numerous Thai restaurants in Fairfax and this place ranks the lowest. The food is blunt and definitely not authentic in any way for fashion. Will not return to this place.

• Visited September 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
“Hidden Thai Gem in Fair Lakes”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Good service and excellent Thai food. They will customize any dish on the menu for your taste, not just how spicy.

Visited January 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Been going here for years”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

What I love about this Thai restaurant - they cater to food allergies and vegetarians. I have a shellfish allergy, and I know a lot of Thai food is made with shrimp paste and other ocean goodies. If you alert them in advance, they can make your dish without using the offending allergen ingredients.

I love the Tofu Tod, the Drunken Noodle with any protein addition, and there is a great dish (forget the name) that is a peanut chicken with watercress. I'm hungry thinking about it. They also do a fantastic job with takeaway!

Fairfax, VA
“A solid consistent Thai food and they deliver!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We have been eating from this place on the average once or twice a month for the past 8 years and 99% of time, we have them delivered. We love the fact that we can expect solid consistent quality food every time. It is somewhat pricier than other places we have tried over the years but we always end up going back there. We love their spring rolls and of course the basic pad thai and chef fried rice, but also their drunken noodles and grilled pork dish Mu Yang. Duck pad ped is good if you are willing to try more authentic Thai food.
We are not really into curry dishes but even their curry dishes were quite good.

2 Thank ddkmdFairfax_VA