“Great Service, Great Food, Fun Ambiance”
Review of Coyote Grille

Coyote Grille
Ranked #38 of 421 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Washington, DC
“Great Service, Great Food, Fun Ambiance”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wanted some decent eggs after gettig back home from a longish business trip. Got talked into sitting for this restaurant brunch by my wife on Easter. Ended up being a great experience. You can't make up your dreams - they come to you.

On arrival, we found they had the Easter Bunny there in full costume, giving out choclate. Perfect for my wife, who loves holidays. Gave them compliments, took photos on the cell phone with the bunny, etc. Added to the fun.

They had plenty of hired help, a good thing. Younger staff with a spirit of teamwork. Seated right away. Got chips and salsa right away. Drink order was prompt.

The plate was well beyond my expectations. Server anniunced that the plate was hot, which set the tone, as I enjoy a hot plate. That is why I came. The eggs had been combined with peppers, onions, tomato, two kinds of meat. Beans, rice rounded out the meal. Enjoyed our plates so well that we ordered two more to go for our children at home, which were presented promptly.

The $14.95 for a drink is a personal record for high prices, but the $7.95 for the hearty brunch plate was a good deal.

Visited March 2013

Lansdowne, Virginia
“Great food and good prices but terrible service!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Went in last night for the first time and was impressed. The place is very small and hard to navigate through, tables are so close together and block the walk way. But other than that,good. The three of us ordered the carne asada which was very good but not as good as in California!! We finished our waters and waited 15 minutes to see if our server would hopefully notice but she never did so I had to bring it up to her. She was not friendly or observant, didn't know the menu very well and lacked any type of friendly communication. She needs a lot of work! I would return for the food but not for the service! That's a big damper..... But it could've just been the server we had!

fairfax
“Consistently good food, limited seating”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you can drop into this small cafe ahead of the weekend lunch rush, you may luck into one of their three booths (one of which is almost always occupied by a manager working on a laptop). If not, you'll be stuck with very non-private seating arrangements.

Their salads (notably Taco Salad and Fiesta Salad) are very decent and consistent, and reasonably priced.

Visited November 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Go To Locals Favorite”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is actually 3.5 Stars.
I usually meet friends here for lunch or happy hour. We enjoy sitting outside in the converted patio. It gives you some elbow room which you don't get in the dining room. The food is above average. I usually keep it simple with cheese enchilada's. It's a hearty and tasty dish and satisfies. I also really like the chicken tortilla soup. The fish tacos used to be my favorite but something has changed about them but I don't know what. Overall, you can't go wrong at the Coyote Grille. Service is above average, it has a fun vibe, good food, and it's always rockin.

Visited October 2012
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Coyote Grill offers consistently good food and great service. They also offer takeout. I recommend this establishment.