“Nice Outside Dining” 3 of 5 bubbles

Coyote Grille
Ranked #41 of 415 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Outside Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

We dine here with some regularity and like the outside portion and bar. It's always pleasant but nothing has struck us as being really special.

Visited April 2012
Meghan131, Director of Marketing and Catering at Coyote Grille, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
A bit belated, but thank you for coming in and for posting your review. We can only get better by hearing the feedback of our patrons. We hope to see you again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
“Denial of poor quality food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

My wife and I used to like this place. Now, I doubt we'll go back. The food quality has taken a dive from decent to deplorable. The chicken mole dish was an insult; the mole tasted like ketchup and barbecue sauce with a bit of pepper. I sent the dish back and ordered a chorizo and chicken burrito that was soggy, bland, and just sad. The consistency made me wonder if this dish had been heated in the microwave. The owner came and chatted with us and defended the food, and, bless her, she wanted us to leave happy. I just could not eat the food there. I am a New Mexico native, and I just returned from a trip to Albuquerque, where every place I went had delicious food, so I realize that I am picky, but my wife agreed that my two dishes were sub-par (she liked her dish). I am not sure if this was an off night here, but it has been better. I rarely send food back, but tonight, I sent it all back, which is a record for me. From the stale chips and salsa to the BBQ mole to the watery burrito, I was blown away by the insolence of the kitchen and the owner by pushing and defending such slop being presented to the customers.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Silver_Lake23
Munster, IN, USA
“Liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Went for a late lunch with my wife. Although I was not with my children this was a very family friendly place. Lots of kids. Loud and lively. Tortilla soup was very good. My wife had the chicken burritto and enjoyed. I had Crab Quesadilla special.
PROs
1. Kid Friendly
2. Good food
3. Good Service
4. Indoor / Outdoor seating.
5. In the middle of Old Fairfax very close to George Mason.
CONs
1. In a strip mall.
2. Not alot of TVs.

Fun and easy.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fairfax, Virginia
“Hard To Beat In the Center of Fairfax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great place for an excellent meal near downtown Fairfax. The food is always good and served with a smile from a friendly wait staff. Nice outdoor patio included.

• Visited March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Good food, better option than a big chain place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

A casual restaurant easily overlooked in a strip mall. The food was very good, and I am going to give the server a pass on some missteps, because I think he was very new. The three of us had a variety of entrees: carnitas quesadillas, steak tacos, and chicken enchilada. Everyone enjoyed the food. The margarita was quite good as well.

We sat on the outside patio, climate controlled so I would pick that anytime. Our server was a bit slow at times, and forgot our chips. But the food came quite quickly, so any speed issues were not fault of the kitchen staff. The manager came over to see how our new server was doing. I didn’t throw him under the bus, since I am sure he will pick it up. And boy am I glad I didn’t. He chased us down in the parking lot to bring us a personal item we left behind.

I would go back. I don’t live in the area, and I am used to Mexican restaurants being run by a local family and a lot cheaper. But the prices were typical for Northern Virginia. Nice place.

• Visited March 2012