“Have to Go”

29 Diner
Ranked #65 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are "new" owners and we are honored to be stewarding the 29 Diner! We cleaned her up greatly and have an amazing southern cooking head chef, who specializes in home cooked, comfort, diner food. We hope you stop in and give us a try. John
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It has the ambience of a truck stop but that's what I like about it. It's truly an old time diner. The food is okay, the coffee is good, and they have jukeboxes in the booths!

1  Thank Karen L

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nostalgia can only get you so far. This tired looking spot serves average food in a diner setting. OK for a quick meal, but there are better options nearby.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Small diner as I remembered from childhood. The cook prepared food quickly and to order. The waiter could have been a bit friendlier.

1  Thank Tucson_AZAdventurer
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Great American food, great prices, great service. Loved it!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I love diners and diner food. My wife and I seek them out. This one, though its got all the makings of being good (atmosphere, etc.), its not. The food is simply not good and is uninteresting. The specials were neither special nor inexpensive. Example: one of the specials was a Hash and cheese omelet. However, the hash isn't homemade, its the out of the can stuff. I asked for well-done poached eggs (I don't like runny whites). Easy enough to make, but they came to the table looking like runny egg jello. I pointed it out, and they took them away but didn't offer to make new ones, just returned with dry scrampled eggs. Secondly, its rather expensive. So, why go here? Food isn't interesting, it isn't cheap, and the service is marginal. Other than the atmosphere, it exactly what a diner shouldn't be. Go search elsewhere, unfortunately.

1  Thank Hikerc_C

Been to 29 Diner? Share your experiences!