“Vegetables mediocre; Cigarette smoke in outdoor seating area”

P J Skidoos Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 435 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The outdoor seating area has a bar and a few tables and was okay for our large group. It was loud, so I couldn't hear much beyond what was said by the persons right next to me. If you don't like cigarette smoke, choose your seat with care to avoid the cigarette smoke. I found it very annoying that 4 guys with a cloud of cigarette smoke hanging around them were blocking the exit from the seating/bar area,to get to my car. The so-called fresh vegetables that accompanied my seafood dish had been previously frozen. They certainly were not fresh. So, unless they deal with the smoking problem and vegetables, I will not be back.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had a classic irish pub ambiance and good food. Dark wood and a full bar. This is a local favorite. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jlspencer
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food at a great price. I have passed this restaurant for years, and just recently stop in for lunch, and then dinner, and I think I just found my new favorite restaurant. The short ribs are great as well is the London broil, don't forget to try the French onion soup.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Comfortable setting, very casual, your basic pub fare but with a little more jazz and exciting menu items. I've dined here about 3 or 4 times and I'm always happy with the outcome. Hope it contineus to do well in Fairfax!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

After a long day at a craft show this was the place for dinner. The drinks were right-sized, the meals were delicious, portions were ample and the ambiance was just right. Service was prompt without being pushy, the price, while not cheap, was appropriate for the service and food. It's our favorite place to dine in Fairfax.