“Cold Food, Long Wait”

Good for: Families with children
Fairfax, Virginia
“Cold Food, Long Wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The problem with this entire chain is that they're hot and cold, literally. In this case, we placed our order and waited an extraordinarily long time to have it served. My wife's meal was cold, tasteless, and just lousy. Avoid this entire chain - they're all the same as far as taste.

• Visited March 2014

Virginia
“Needs new leadership”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Pizza lovers: start weeping. The pizza oven isn't putting out pizza any longer, and it's been removed from the menu. Now they serve flatbread. Flatbread?? From an Italian restaurant that has a pizza oven staring you in the face as you walk in? That seems foolish, especially when the pizza they were turning out was very good.
I've been to this location 3 times this year, which isn't many, but there seems to be a consistency issue. Our first visit had a couple problems: Forgotten appetizer and undercooked meat. Easily taken care of.
Second visit: Everything was great, both service and food.
Third visit: One problem after another. After our order was placed, the table bread was eaten rather quickly, and the server never bothered to ask if we wanted more as others have in the past. Oh well, no biggie.
My fork had a very noticeable amount of dried and crusty tomato sauce on it. I didn't notice this until after my appetizer came and had to wait for the server come back, after I was able to get clean silverware, my appetizer was cold. The heck with it. Move on.
When the entrée arrived, the potatoes were colder than room temp. Again had to wait for the server to come back. When the new plate of food came, I was brought chicken and steak, when I had ordered sausage and steak. On top of that, the steak was "medium rare", when I had ordered it "well done". Not waiting for plate three. I ate what was delivered.
The manager was apologetic, and did comp a dessert, and two meals, but too many things were not going right in that place. Far too much noise coming from the kitchen delivery area. Seemed like there was a mutual respect issue between the cooks and the servers.
In regard to the ratings:
The service reflects the server, and the cook staff.
The food, when the correct food comes out, AND it's not cold, is quite good.
Value: Portions are ample and cost is fair or better.
Special occasions? Hmm, after my experiences, I doubt I would trust a special occasion to go trouble free.
think we'll be taking a break from Romano's.

• Visited December 2013
“Hostess did not acknowledge our presence. Surprised when we acknowledged her. We left disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Macaroni Grill in the past and enjoyed it. My review this time is based on the fact that the hostess couldn't even bother to seat us. However in the past it was okay. Never great.

• Visited December 2013
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Used to be good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We used to go here every Friday night and sit at the bar. They have new bartenders who are terrible. The service is very slow. We went this past Friday and again the service was terrible. The food changed now as well. Not sure we will go back

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Catherine B
Lompoc, California
“Good food at a decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Visited with son's family. I had the pan roasted pork chop and was pleasantly surprised by the size and the quality. Was very good. Son and wife shared the Mama's Trio and had enough for both. Grandson had the lobster ravioli and pronounced it very good. Wife and I split the homemade chocolate cake and it was very good. Service was fast and efficient. It's a typical Romano's nothing special but, then again, gives good food at a reasonable price.

• Visited August 2013