“Great food”

Ranked #1 of 428 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1978, Fairfax City's most popular restaurant. Enjoy boathouse favorites surrounded by handcrafted wooden boat scale models and Jack Gable's view of Lake Winnipesaukee.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was there with a few friends for brunch. The brunch menu was awesome. The environment was good. Severs were very friendly. Overall great experience, I will definitely visit it more often.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I can not tell you how many times I have been here. My brother is absolutely obsessed with the filet and bernaise and spinach artichoke dip. The food is wonderful along with the staff. It's classic American, and nothing ever goes awry (if something does the staff would be more than accommodating). I can safely say we dine here at least 2-3 times a month (my brother's doing), and never are disappointed. A quality restaurant that is dependable!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have eaten at Artie's for years and enjoyed it every time. I have had almost everything on the menu. Special favorites are the Tex-mex Eggrolls, Crab Cakes, BBQ Ribs, and French Toast for Brunch. The bread is especially good. It comes from a bakery that is part of the chain called Best Buns.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

As I arrived to meet a friend here for lunch, the parking lot in the immediate area was totally full. There were a few spots available far away in the "delivery alley" behind the shopping center but they were inaccessible due to a delivery truck with its side ramp extended blocking the way. Eventually the driver came out and slid back the ramp so that myself and others looking for parking could get by. Once inside, the bored looking hostess gave a half hearted greeting but fortunately my friend saw me enter and came out to meet me. Our server wasn't rude or unpleasant - just didn't seem to care much about anything one way or the other. The food was tasty and fresh but seemed a bit pricey and the "view" consisted of watching cars go by. Overall an odd lunch experience all the way around. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The menu is very limited. I did get the crab cakes. My husband and son both got the ribs. The food was good. We also had the spinach dip for appetizer. Everything was seasoned well and tasted good. I think though the menu needs some more variety. Many items on the menu were for only certain hours or certain days of the week.