WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Arties's

Arties's
Ranked #1 of 395 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1978, Fairfax City's most popular restaurant. Enjoy boathouse favorites surrounded by handcrafted wooden boat scale models and Jack Gable's view of Lake Winnipesaukee.
Vienna, Virginia
“Very good, but limited menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The menu is very limited. I did get the crab cakes. My husband and son both got the ribs. The food was good. We also had the spinach dip for appetizer. Everything was seasoned well and tasted good. I think though the menu needs some more variety. Many items on the menu were for only certain hours or certain days of the week.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Whether is game day at the bar or girls day out, love this place. I have to confess, I go for the Warm Goat Cheese Salad which I could eat every day. All do the appetizers are fabulous though and will keep you happy at the bar for hours

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love this place. I love their trout, salads and their lobster bisque. The lobster bisque is one of my favorites, along with their banana pudding for something really rich and decadent. Definitely advise sharing the banana pudding or you WILL be sorry. The service is great. Love the brunch on Sundays also. Just a great atmosphere with great staff.

• Visited July 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Terrific Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I had Brunch at Artie's on Sunday and we both enjoyed it. I had the blackened prime rib special and she had the fried chicken and waffle special.

I have had the blackened prime rib here before (which is huge and delicious) and figured "this is brunch, so it will be smaller" ... NOT so, it was the same size you get at dinner (on limited days) and just about the same price!! It was cooked medium rare, just as I requested, came with yummy scrambled eggs, bacon and perfectly cooked home fries. There was enough left over for my husband and I to share the beef with a dinner sized salad that night and I had the leftover eggs, etc. for breakfast yesterday.

My friend enjoyed the chicken and waffles ... it came with a special maple syrup and she took one of the two pieces of chicken home. The Mimosa and Bloody Mary were a good size and delicious as well.

As usual, the service was awesome ... we told the waitress that we were going to take our time and we were able to enjoy a nice "visit" despite the loud people at the next table. Why people talk so loud in a restaurant, is beyond me. This woman (who was visiting with the diner) was talking like she was at a baseball game! We sat on the "porch" which seemed to be a louder area than the main part of the restaurant, perhaps because the main dining room was not that crowded.

Excellent food and terrific service adds up to a lovely Sunday Brunch with a good friend ... thank you Artie's for always delivering!

“Yummy brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My friend took me here for brunch while I was in town. I had the crab cakes which were awesome!! My friend had the French toast and she loved it too. My only complaint was the mimosa was way too pulpy for me. Other than that, everything was great and I will be back when I'm in town!