“Dependably good.”

Ranked #1 of 428 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1978, Fairfax City's most popular restaurant. Enjoy boathouse favorites surrounded by handcrafted wooden boat scale models and Jack Gable's view of Lake Winnipesaukee.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As local residents, this is our "go to" local place within minutes of our house. Love the call ahead table hold. The food is consistently good. It's a good value for the price. Service is usually quick. My only complaints would be the noise level -- loud -- and the fact that the menu hasn't changed in as long as I can remember. That said the food is always tasty.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Arties is a Fairfax tradition...I have been many times in the past 10 years and have always had a wonderful meal. We had another great time last night so I decided it is time to write a review.A meal starts with a wonderful assortment of fresh breads...the Ozzie rolls are basically hot fried rolls...unbelievably good!! We have had just about everything on the men...everything is good. My favorite are the crab cakes.
They are better than any I've had in any seafood restaurant. The wait staff are really friendly but very professional.
There are a couple of downsides...first is that Arties is very popular..it is hard to just drop in on a weekend night without a long wait. The best thing to do is call ahead, check the wait time and put your name on the list. The second downside is that there are few tables for groups of 6or 7 and no tables for larger groups. Most of the seating are booths so putting tables together is not really an option.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My review title about sums it up. I will add only "limited selection" and "fantastic bread," but both are true of all Great American restauraunts.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Always dependable food of all varieties. great staff and friendly attractive atmosphere. Best water served at any Metro area restaurant ... don't miss flourless chocolate waffle.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants. Great atmosphere, excellent American fare and wonderful service makes this a great restaurant. My favorite restaurant for family get togethers. It's a little on the pricy side but well worth it for a special event such as birthdays, graduations and confirmations.

1  Thank Momba63