“Our favorite local place”
Review of Temel Restaurant - CLOSED

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Lee Highway
Description: Temel Euro Mediterranean Restaurant which serves dishes from Mediterranean region includes from Turkey, Greece and Israel.
Alexandria, VA
“Our favorite local place”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I eat here at least once a month.

I wish I could make myself try something new, but I just love the lamb kabobs. My wife is fond of the kofte. Try the seasoned potatoes with either. And don't miss the phyllo cigars as an appetizer. All go well with the Kavaklidere Turkish white wine.

As much as the food we like the atmoshere of a quiet local restaurant. It's even a great place on holidays like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day (when so many restaurants are overrun).

• Visited April 2012

Denver, Colorado
“So good!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were in the mood for something different and it had been a while since we'd had Turkish food. Thanks to an online review, we found Temel is Fairfax. Hidden away in a shopping center in a spot you won't just stumble upon this little gem is worth the trip. Delicious and authentic, we loved everything we tried. Excellent service made it a great night. Check it out!

• Visited March 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very Good Food and Lots of It”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The meat (Doner) here is excellent - served with rice or yogurt/bread. The Temel appetizer platter is a crowd favorite - filled with all of their specialties. Don't let the strip center scare you off. This is a find. Service is great and parking is easy.

Lovettsville, Virginia
“Declining”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Temel has been one of our favorites for several years although Nizam's in Vienna was the best Turkish restaurant in the area until they closed. Temel appears to be declining. The service is still attentive and excellent, but the food is not as good as it used to be. The kabobs are dry and over-cooked, the fish was not fresh (we had to send the swordfish back), and the appetizers were just average. We do not plan on going back.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Business_TravelerFFX
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Tasty Turkish/Mediterranean food in Northern Virginia”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

After my old Turkish favorite (Nizam's) closed down, I was a little disappointed. A quick google search however yielded: Temel http://www.temelrestaurant.com/ and I decided to try it for carry-out. The Lambchop Kebob was excellent. I also liked the veggie kebob side dish option. My wife really liked the Sukuk (sausage) pizza. I also was thrilled to discover that they deliver (5 mile radius -$50 minimum). So two weeks later, Shish yogurt, Moussaka, Lamb chops (again) and Hummus were on the menu. All very tasty. I highly recommend.

• Visited December 2011