“Not bad...(I am rounding up from 3.5)”

Dolce Vita Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolce Vita Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving the best Italian food in Fairfax City for over 21 years! A full service restaurant with both classic and inventive Italian dishes, and a romantic wine bar with expert wine list and shareable small plates all brought to you by Executive Chef Anthony Grasso and house Sommelier Matthew McGuigan. Locally-sourced meats and produce, homemade pastas and pizzas, and farm-to-table ingredients are our passion.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a nice little Italian-American restaurant. The pizza was good (kids loved it). The pasta I had was really tasty. The grilled squid was ok. The eggplant app was so-so. My brother ordered the home made pasta with the braised meat sauce, and it was really good. I would not mind eating there again, but I would not go out of my way. Better than most of the Italian place I have been in NoVa.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been going to Dolce Vita at least once a week for several years and I have NEVER had a bad or even inconsistent meal, lunch or dinner. It is by far the best value for the money in the area.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived at 5:30 last Saturday night and there were only a few tables available. By 5:45, the restaurant was full and humming. Despite the crowd the service and food were outstanding! My wife had the Calamari Alla Griglo and Trota Glassata, I had Insalada Spinaci and Vitello Della Casa, and we shared a bottle of chianti reserva. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

for many years my wife and i have been going to this local italian restaurant in fairfax virginia. we have enjoyed the great food, wine selection, ambiance and music. the wait staff bend over backwards to take care of you. it is all in the vision of the owner "joe" guiseppe ricciardi . he has created authentic cuisine and flavors that his mother who is there on occasion baking up some great treats in the summer has contributed to. worth the drive to the suburbs

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Happy hour prices are good. Small plates to share is a great concept, but wasn't executed very well the night we were there. The food was mostly heavy and greasy; the pizza cones were inedible. The "Pollo Ossobuco" didn't resemble Ossobuco in the slightest; and while the balsamic sauce was tasty, the chicken was fatty and unappealing.
I do highly recommend the excellent marinated roasted vegetable plate served with crostini.
The wine selection was good. It would be nice if the wines were served at the proper temperatures. The red wine was downright warm; warmer than room temperature.