“Tiny but tasty!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Washington DC
“Tiny but tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This tiny restaurant tucked into a small strip mall in Fairfax City offers up big flavors Peruvian style. On a recent visit I tried the saltenas, a total meal of chicken or pork, vegetables, and hard cooked eggs, wrapped in a sweet chewy football shaped dough. The dough is beautifully shaped with a twirled closing seam. You crack the seam and scoop out the hot insides, using the dough to sop up the juices. I noticed BBQ chicken landing on a nearby table. It looked delicious. Maybe I'll try that next visit. The shop also sells a wide variety of bakery items and house made Gelato (the certificate for the Gelato maker is on the wall). I tried the coconut gelato and was not disappointed. This place is tiny, just a few tables, making it a good option for take away food in case all tables are taken. Staff are very friendly. We were given two samples of cake each to try. Also very good, but the gelato is the star for me.

• Visited July 2013