“Outstanding food and service in a cozy place!!”

Le Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #183 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old City Hall
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The meal was outstanding. I had the beet salad with goat cheese as an appetizer and it was excellent. My main course was salmon over a vegetable medley that was so tasty!!! It was perfectly prepared and presented. The place is cozy, on the smallish side, so make reservations. Parking is right across the street. This place is about 2 blocks from the courthouse. I would definitely go again!!!!

1  Thank Gail C
There are newer reviews for Le Mediterranean Bistro

Reviewed September 22, 2013

What an excellent addition to the Fairfax dining scene! Some friends introduced us to this newish restaurant and we're delighted they did. It's hidden in plain sight, and I'm sure I've driven past it numerous times. I started with lobster bisque and followed it with filet mignon over potatoes and creme brûlée. The wines selected for us were very good. Service was superb and parking was easy.

1  Thank ace4444
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's always a pleasure to find a nice restaurant for that special occasion. You might want to get there early for the best service and selection. This is one of those places. A quick count yields about 50 seats, and those seats are nicely padded so long meals are comfortable. The food is extraordinary, if a little on the expensive side - wine is $10-11 per glass, entrees $20 and up. I had the Oxtail Ragout with Gnocchi and Sole Meuniere both of which were terrific. If you want to practice your college French, the Moroccan staff will be happy to oblige.

2  Thank RaoulD
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been admiring this new Bistro from the outside and stopped in for lunch. The service is outstanding. The decor is very warm and friendly. The meal by chef Driss Zahidi is outstanding. Coming from neighboring McLean where he was chef at Evo Bistro, this new restaurant will most certainly gain the popularity he enjoyed previously. I was advised to try the specials as everything is fresh and local. I know I will be back frequently for lunch and dinner.

1  Thank N609G
Reviewed June 30, 2013

On our first visit we found a relaxing bistro with well-prepared cuisine at a surprisingly reasonable price. Chef Zahidi is known for other venues, and I believe this bistro will be huge success in Northen Virginia. Priced from $17- 24, the dinner entrees included premium selections such as halibut, sea bass, duck and lamb. We especially enjoyed the Moroccan preparation as healthier than traditional French style. We also appreciated being able to make reservations and the convenient parking. What a great place to meet friends or host out of town guests when looking for quality and value. I can't wait to try out the lunch menu.

1  Thank Grandparents2011