“Vietnamese on 29” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pho Today

Pho Today
Ranked #186 of 415 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Lorton, Virginia, United States
“Vietnamese on 29”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I used to be a once-a-week regular here when I had more time on my hands. Now, I get here when I'm in the area and craving good pho. The place is a pretty basic, cafeteria looking room with a large fish tank and a flatscreen television. Ignore the decor if you want. Focus on the food!

Service is fast, and the pho is usually on the table in less than 5-7 minutes even on busy days. I typically stick with Phở đặc biệt (beef with everything) or Bún bò Huế (spicy beef noodle soup as done in the city of Huế). My wife usually orders a rice dish and the spring rolls appetizer, and those are quite good. Don't be afraid to be adventurous and try something different. Bún bò Huế fits that bill as it's full of Vietnamese salami, blood cake, and traditionally served with shredded banana flower instead of the pho standard bean sprouts.

As I've said in a previous review on a pho joint, I tend to rate my pho starting with the broth. Pho Today's version does not disappoint. It's rich without being heavily fatty, and the spices are evident.

• Visited May 2013