“Shop and dine”

Whole Foods Market Cafe
Ranked #13 of 416 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to your Fairfax, VA Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
New York City, New York
“Shop and dine”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm used to Whole Foods in NYC. Ok, space is cheaper in Virginia. This was an interesting experience as it was not overly crowded (mid evening hours) and during my shopping trip I stopped for a nicely prepared meal (poached fish, potatoes, salad and a glass of wine). My shopping cart, parked behind me was not in anyones way. There were three restaurants in this store. Crazy. Made the shopping enjoyable. As always at Whole Foods I look for the specials. Nothing different there. They don't have restaurants at Giant or Safeway...even in Virginia.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank cwrdd

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Can't believe I like eating in a supermarket”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I used to think it was funny that people ate out in a supermarket. Seemed like the most suburban thing you could do. Then my wife and I tried the seafood bar/restaurant at Whole Foods in the Fair Lakes area (while intending to shop for something to take home), and liked it so much we went back a couple weeks later (and will do so again), High quality seafood and it is cooked expertly. Good wines. Inexpensive for what you get, and no tipping allowed. Two people can have a very good seafood dinner with a couple glasses of wine for $30-$40. Not exactly romantic, but kind of fun.

Visited February 2014
Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Seafood is DELISH!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My husband, 3 children, and I frequent the seafood bar every few months and it never disappoints. The kids love the fried shrimp platter, and my son especially loves the clam chowder, which he says is his favorite clam chowder in the world. My husband and I cannot get enough of the scallops. They are so very juicy and are always cooked perfectly. Not a chewy scallop in sight, and that really speaks to the quality of seafood they are preparing. The beer on tap is always very cold, and all in all, it is such a yummy, yummy dining experience. And to top it all off, on the weekends, there is live music

Visited November 2013
Herndon, VA
“It's not a restaurant, but a great dining experience.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Choose from four dining areas. Seafood, sushi, barbecue or Asian. Pizza, salad bar, and hot food bar. There' something for everyone. Reasonably priced. Freshly prepared. Fast service. No tipping allowed. And you can do grocery shopping afterward. I highly recommend this dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
Anderson, South Carolina
“Standard Whole Foods Cafe”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stopped here on the way back into the city to have alight lunch and pick up a salad and some grilled salmon or chicken to have in my hotel. Healthier alternative to the hotel food. We do this anywhere we go to ensure we are eating properly and not over indulging on overly salted fatty foods prepared in hotels and most restaurants.
The salad and hot bars were very well stocked and were being maintained to ensure cleanliness and supply. I expect nothing short of this when paying WF prices.
The only disappointment was the smallish parking lot and the traffic lined up to find parking. After driving around once, I chose to park in another lot nearby and walk the extra 150 yds to get to WF. Although the location is easy to find, the parking situation would steer me to the many alternative W Markets around DC before coming back to this one.

Visited January 2014