“Simple, fresh Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Chips very light, thin, homemade. Fresh salsa. Had the rosita chicken salad. Salad was just okay. Chicken well marinated and grilled. Great customer service. Bar an patio area nice bonus. Sit outside weather permitting. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Started out with terrific light crispy chips and salsa. They brought us more as we ran low. Gotta be careful with the chips though, you could eatvthem all day. Wife and I both had fajitas. I had the steak ribs and quail. Fantastic. Wife had chicken and steak. Delicious. All was tender and tasty. Service was excellent. Highly recommend the combo fajitas.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I reluctantly went to Guapo's last winter when my son asked for Mexican food. I am not a fan of most of the Mexican food as they have made it so Americanized and full of calories but I changed my mind after going to Guapo's. Yes, it is an Americanized version of Mexican food but the service is better than any restaurant (any kind) in the Northern Virginia. The waiters, the managers, the cheering staff that sings for birthday wishes... everyone is unique. The songs and the music they play reminded me of the kind of music we heard when I was growing. This is one of those restaurants where you don't have to wait and chase a waiter to get a refill. They keep pouring more and you have to tell them to stop. It is always a delight to go there. Food is better than most other Mexican restaurants and it is always plenty.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Guapo's is far better than On The Border or the other chains. The best part of all the Guapo's we have been is how the staff is constantly cleaning. Their restaurants are the cleanest around. The only thing about the Fair Lakes location is they don't have the rotisserie chicken, which is the best anywhere in the DC metro area.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

By far, the best Mexican food I have ever had. Unlike chains such as On The Border, you can actually taste the food without loading it with that damned spicy crap. The margaritas are terrific and huge. A bit pricy compared to the dives, but worth it. Go to this place!