Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield
$139
Courtyard
Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$106
$125
SpringHill Suites
$152
$143
$114
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn University Center(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$81
Hampton.com
$140
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Candlewood Suites Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$126
All reviewsmetro stationfull size refrigeratorwithin walking distancestayed for nightscleaning staffrooms are spaciouscoffee makerhome away from homedctoasterfreezerconvenienceappliancesutensilsratesaccommodations
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Though it was clean, there was broken furniture, nonworking lights, broken curtain rod, the room temperature fluctuant but room served it's purpose for a 2 night stay. The TV was ancient and quality was poor but I wasn't there to watch TV. Kept telling myself you just need a clean place to sleep and that's all it was.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would like everyone to know how wonderful our stay was at this hotel. I booked 5 rooms and everyone of us was treated wonderfully. The whole staff from the General Manager Suzanne, to the front desk, to the whole staff. They even gave us a discount because we were there for a burial of a Vietnam Veteran @ Arlington National Cemetary. They let us gather in the breakfast room at night. Just so understanding and very accommodating. We plan on always making this our hotel to stay at every time we go there. Thank you all so much again. Sincerely!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Diane - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such complimentary things about your experience while staying at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt welcome and were treated well. We were honored that you chose to bring your family to stay with us for such a special occasion.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff was very accommodating and helpful! I found the hotel itself to be clean, well kept, and a good value for my stay. Nice flat screen TV and kitchenette. Bed was comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Charles - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the comfort of your room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff who strive to give all our guests a "home away from home" experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am pretty tolerant but, apart from the location there is nothing positive to say about. I brought a group of guys that work for me to stay at this nasty place. I don't even know where to begin. When we made our reservations the lady was plane rude. Upon checking in, we were greeted by this Hispanic lady who took forever and a day to come out from the back. I assume it was the same lady who took my reservations few hours earlier. When I got to my rooms, I noticed how outdated and moldy the carpets and bed covers were. Cockroaches, dirty sheets, horrible odor, I could go on and on. There were cigarette butts outside the doorsteps. Another of the rooms my coworker was in had a shower that would not drain. It was never fixed during our stay. I was so disappointed in this lodging that I wouldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy. I have previously stayed in other Extended Stay hotels across the country but they all had an outstanding customer service, better rooms and were wonderful overall. Now this place, its a different story. This was awful!

Couple days later, the "free WiFi" was not working and when I called the front desk, I was told it was my problem since the person I was speaking to didn't know how to fix it. Mind you, this was the same lady from few days ago....still very rude and ignorant even in person! Through out our stay, I noticed the people staying at this "hotel" were either construction workers or prostitutes. This place is not worth any discount they are willing to provide. Few days before we checked out, I met the only person who seemed to have a clue what a genuine customer service meant and that was Gilbert. He was always so cheerful and helpful so kudos to this young man! Our reservation was originally for couple weeks but we ended up checking out of this nasty place 4 nights later to a different hotel down the street. Not a good experience whatsoever!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine why people bother staying here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RWShakers
Reviewed September 15, 2013

An average but very reasonably priced hotel. Very close to Fairfax Hospital (walking distance). No shuttle to metro. Bare bones hotel but that is what the chain is known for. Has full size refrigerator. This was cleaner and in better condition than others we have stayed in from the same chain. You must request shampoo and other toiletries from front desk. Remember you get what you pay for and this place is fair for its price.

Room Tip: Room in the rear was quiet and felt safe.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of the room and the security of the location.