Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
“FILTHY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

REPULSIVE. This "hotel" is WORSE than the motel 6 by a long shot. I did the name your own price through expedia and got put in this dump. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed is the bed isn't made. EW! 2nd thing I notice is the large spider web by the toilet with MULTIPLE ALIVE SPIDERS! (Picture attached) Freaked out, I rush to the front desk and get a new room. The second one isn't much better. Time to check out.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank milafierro
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel many many nights in the last 3-4 years. I will not hesitate to recomend it to any one if I am asked. very safe,very clean,friendly staff, super helpfull general manager.Ms Suzanne, and Eddie at the desk a big help when you need him. having some major health problems,they make me forget it all.

Room Tip: corner rooms are the best,very large and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words."
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Every month, for about 10 years, I have been using this hotel. You can't beat the price when it comes to location, convenience, cleanliness, safety, and staff. Since when I visit, I'm there for 3-5 days at a time, I love having the kitchenette.

The staff is wondeful. I've had very few problems over the years. And when I have, they have been quick to fix them.

The manager and Eddie are wonderful. And since I fly in, they've always been accommodating to my arrival times. I've never had to request an early check in. Since they know me, they always have a room ready when I arrive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay at this hotel every week for 3 to 4 days a week for business. The rooms are clean, the staff extrememy friendly and the location is only 1/4 mile from my work. I have the most interaction with Eddie because I chech in on sundays, he corrects any problems immediately and is always prompt, changing my room if necessary. I have had interactions with other members but I don't remember their names.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location."
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night because it was close to a next day appointment, but wouldn't repeat no matter how convenient. Desk clerks were terrific and thats about the only plus-place was otherwise very shabby and 1970. Rug and chair were soiled and worn, tv was the balloon model, bedspread was awful, etc. Safety lock on my first room was snapped off. No amenities. Wifi was okay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issue you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is addressing this issue. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at mrd@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Fairfax hotels

Fairfield, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I should start from the reception. Their polite and friendly approach makes me and my friend feel at home. In the past, I have been in many hotels in many places and most of them are clean, well equipped, and with recognized names. But only few of them make me feel at home - a place I like to be in at all times. Homestead is one of these few in my view and experience. I believe it is the employees that makes it very pleasant. Of course, there are other good things other than the reception. They are pet friendly which makes our stay more perfect. The kitchen was fully-equipped. I cooked food for my friend which left very memorable moment for both of us.
While I go out of the suites for a business reason, my friend was able to join the Gym which was in a very close location. The location of the suite make travelling to many places in the Washington DC metro area very convenient. I did also good by providing free parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I'm pleased that our staff and the amenities we offer made you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Falls Church Virgini
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed here due to a power outage from Sandy. It was clean and quiet. The bed was a bit soft and there was only one blanket and two pillows. But again, it was clean and basic needs were met. We did not use any of the kitchen items.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church
Governor House Inn
Governor House Inn
#7 of 15 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 185 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!