“Auto pilot when looking for brew and pub food in FFX”

Dogfish Head Alehouse
Ranked #11 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

So glad this place continues to thrive cause there is nothing else like it in the area. Excellent beer selection with great seasonals. The food is much better than one would expect. The wings are amazing...served really hot and delicious. I think I've tried most of the items off the bar menu...good stuff.
Another great thing is that it's a family friendly place. I often see parents with their kids in the restaurant area. The outdoor patio is a great recent addition. Although it's next to the parking lot, they've done a good job of planting around it. Will only get better with time.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

During the day this is a good place for both adults looking for a good beer and families. At night it is a bar and I would not take kids. The food has always been good. They do have a children's menu. The service is great. The appetizers are exceptional along with the beer selection. This is our go to place to chill out. We took my sister and her family out Saturday afternoon for lunch and I think they will be going back on their own as well. It does get loud at night so this is not a quiet romantic place. During the day the noise level is much lower (which I like).

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A great place for happy hour. The atmosphere is really good and so is the food. The service at the bar was great and they had a nice selection of drinks on tap.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Tried this place for the first time on Trip Advisor recommendation. It did not let us down. Our server John R. was top notch, excellent service. We started off with Thai wings. My husband does not really care for wings, but these he loved, I had to remind him we are splitting these. I ordered a rueben with fries and he had the crab cake entree with asparagus and fries. Both were delicious. We will be coming back and also asking for John. This place will not disappoint. The beer was great as well!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

By far the better of the 2 in Virginia. Easier to get to, better service. We were lucky enough to be offered the private dinning table in the front. Which was great since there were about 12 of us. The service was great from the bar to our table. Beer as always is great, i do wish you could choose your own sampler. Its a great place to go with family, friends or a night out. They even have live music.