“Tasty order- at- the- counter food.”
Review of Masala Wok

Masala Wok
Ranked #104 of 422 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Fairfax, Virginia
“Tasty order- at- the- counter food.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Indian food predominates here, but there is also Chinese and Thai. Three of our group of five had chicken curry or lamb curry with garlic nan bread. These Indian curries were certainly hot-pepper spicy enough, somewhat more than enough for one of our party. They’re not indicated on the menu as being spicy, but they are! The Thai black pepper shrimp met with strong favor by our daughter-in-law. Chinese Kung pao chicken was only so-so according to our grandson; he thought it had too much soy sauce on it. We all ordered mango lassi and were glad we did. It had a strong sweet mango taste. Service was quick and we left well satisfied

Visited July 2013
1 Thank oldbrdrz

Springfield, Virginia
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love eating at Masala Wok. The portions are generous, the cooking excellent and the prices are very reasonable. The best part is that I can take anyone there...meat lovers or vegetarians, most dishes can be made with tofu, cheese, beef, chicken,etc so everyone can find something they like. You can also specify how spicy you want your food. The service is quick and polite.

• Visited April 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Clean Elegant Indian Food”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Too often, we have been to Indian restaurants that had great food but middling to bad ambiance. Masala Wok is a refreshing change from this type of restaurant. With its bistro-like feeling we liked the dining ambiance. The food had both vegetarian and meat based choices. We liked the positive combination of food and ambiance and the fact that the restaurant is down the road on highway 29 in Fairfax.

• Visited September 2012
Dumfries, Virginia, USA
“Yummy Surprise”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I don't know about you, but I had never heard of this restaurant before. At first glance the site might appear to be closed - it has mirrored glass but one day I saw people coming out and I rushed in! First let me say, the restaurant is VERY neat and clean. The menu is easy to read and the employees are very helpful - in case you need help deciding what to order. I'm a vegetarian, but they have lot's of dishes with meat. My favorite item to order is the Basil Fried Rice. Great taste, lots of fresh vegetables and OH MY GOD, they give you a ton of food. I have yet to eat the entire amount. I seldom get thru half and it makes for great leftovers - because it comes in a reheatable plastic container. I usually go online and place my order, so I can get in/out quickly, but I have also dined in and there was never much of a wait - and YES, you still get a ton of food. The way the restaurant works is, you place and pay for your order, then take a seat and they bring the food to your table. There are only 2 locations (Fairfax and Herndon) - sure wish there was one by my house (Woodbridge), but the Fairfax location is near my job, so it works out fine for me. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant. The food is really good and the price really can't be beat...all dishes are under $10.

• Visited February 2013
“Very yummy Indian/Asian”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been here several times and have always enjoyed the food. Our usual favorites are the Butter Masala (Butter Chicken) and Tikka Masala, and recently we tried the Korma Masala, which was also VERY good. We also tried the Manchau soup during our last visit, which became an instant "new favorite." The restaurant always looks clean, and food is made fresh to order. The only minor complaint I may have is that service (mainly at the cash register) is sometimes slow. But I can recommend this place for a quick and tasty meal.

• Visited January 2013