All reviews fair oaks mall bank of america place to stay two burner stove housekeeping staff dc area rajesh memorial hwy metro
Reviewed January 22, 2018

My companion and I are having a good experience here. We have been here for about a month and our stay has been very pleasant and relaxing. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The one thing that I have a complaint about the PERKS program is not worth the effort. You can get better rates on the internet

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Thanks for choosing Extended Stay America for your stay. We are pleased to know your stay with us was comfortable and that you were impressed with the top-notch service provided by our associates. Thanks once more for your business, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

I like the manager she is very nice and friendly and everyone here is very good service too : NIRANJAY, UTSAV, RAJESH , AMITA, . . . Excellent location near the bank Well Far Go , Bank Of America and near the Fair Oaks Mall.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Thank you for taking that time to write such a wonderful review! We're so glad you loved Extended Stay America and that you found our team friendly and helpful. Our team members love taking care of our guests and ensuring they are comfortable and feel at home during their stay, so we will share your compliments with them. Reviews such as yours mean a lot! Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

I stayed at this hotel from August to November 2017. I stayed in three different rooms, all of which were unclean and disgusting. They do not maintain this hotel whatsoever. There is a trash room where they store all of their trash; the hallway carpets, rooms, and towels are dirty; and everything looks rundown. In just about each bathroom, the ceiling fans are very dusty/covered with some kind of mold and the fans are so noisy that it sounds like a helicopter is about to land in the bathroom. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room 204 - there was a crack in the tub and gnats were coming out of the tub. Gnats were also found in the fridge. I changed rooms.

Room 206 - there was a full head of pet hair found in the fridge. I tried cleaning fridge for one hour and even after an hour, I still couldn’t remove all of the pet hair. It wasn’t just one strand of hair - the fridge was covered with pet hair and dander. I changed rooms once again.

Room 227 - various bugs were coming in through the windows since they do not seal any of their windows. There was a massive lady bug invasion that had me killing many of them per night. For someone who has a huge fear of bugs and insects, this was not easy to endure. I am referring to a MASS INVASION OF LADY BUGS. They were also on the lights in the hallways of the hotel so it is a big issue at this hotel. When I informed a female front desk rep, she brushed it off and said “it is because ppl leave their windows open.” NO, it is not because of that. It is because you all don’t seal the windows or maintain the hotel.

This was enough to push me out of the door. I got three hours of sleep one night because I was so uncomfortable wondering if a mass amount of lady bugs were crawling on me. The next day, I was fortunate enough to find another place to stay at and I was so happy and relieved to check out of this hotel. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I am currently staying at a lovely place and so thankful for it.

Housekeeping does a horrible job. They used to give me kitchen cloths that were dirty and stained. If they are not clean, why don’t you just throw them out instead of giving them to occupants? Housekeeping should do a better job cleaning the kitchen cabinets, stovetops, and the rooms. The cabinets smelled horrible, stovetops were unclean, and the sinks were so old that I didn’t have an appetite to eat the entire time I stayed there.

When I first stayed at the hotel, two front desk reps told me to give the hotel a good review, which I thought was unprofessional. Surprise. Here is the review.

I was not satisfied with my stay and I actually should have received some kind of reimbursement. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank AnonymousHotelRev
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered which resulted in a disappointing stay. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. Unfortunately, we missed something during this process, and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are meeting with staff members to discuss this situation and reiterate the importance of impeccable customer service and attention to detail. We invite you to come back and validate the changes we will be implementing and to experience the stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I have been here for almost 145 days working on a project at Reagan Airport and leave Nov. 10th or sooner. If you expect a mid-range hotel, go elsewhere. In my opinion this is a low budget place and I do mean low budget. Although the staff is friendly and tries to assist you as best they can, there is no fitness center, no breakfast, no that's not right, coffee urns, muffins and trail bars period. Laundry room has 4 wahers and dryers and cost $2.00 for was and $2.00 to dry. If you overload or heavy loads, you'll pay more to fully dry. Their TV channel selection is the worst joke for a hotel offering tv. If you like to see the same movirs at least 4_8 times a week and one channel has diagonal l8nes running through the shows. And fo not be surprised if the sheets, blanket and sptead cover are either or both too short, too long, stained or have holes in them. And if you expect your sheets and spread sheets are ironed when changed, good lock. Last item is, the owners are trying to run the property on a shoestring, so expect smelly trash rooms on eack floor, not too clean hallways and laundry room and main- tainance sorely lacking. Their maintainance man cannot do all the different jobs he has to perform, in my opinion, they need a full time janitor and a head housekeeper so repairs that need to be done are controlled by domeone responsible. They do accept animails is a plus, across from the mall. Oh yes, they do not provide a list of places to eat, malls to shop, bus lines schedules alonv with Metro station location and although the front desk is manned, most times that person is doing something away from the desk, like I said, understaffed.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lawrence R
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Lawrence, it was disheartening to read that we did not live up to our usual standards, and we're truly sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We are taking appropriate steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We hope you will accept our apologies and consider giving us another chance to show you the service that we typically provide.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I frequently travel for my business trips to many hotels. However, this is the first time coming to Extended Stay America at Fairfax. First experience is amazing! The amenities are provides. 2 beds are soft and clean. I feel like I'm HOME. Air condition is awesome, we can adjust the temperature and have a very deep sleep. Restroom is clean.
Breakfast are just muffins and coffee but you cannot expect more. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
I will choose ESA for next business trips. It is affordable and great, for your own or even with a large group of friends or family.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Khanh, thank you for including Extended Stay America in your travel plans. We are delighted to read you loved the service provided by our courteous associates and enjoyed the comfort of your well-appointed room. Thanks again for your feedback, and we would love to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.