“Excellent cheap digs; terrific staff”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you are looking for a great value for the price, stay here! I got a deal from booking.com and thought I'd give it a try. First off, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The facilities are (as said in other reviews) limited, but I was going to be pretty busy for the 3 days I was down there, and wouldn't have had much time to use them. The room was larger than many queen rooms I've rented, especially due to the kitchen area. The kitchenette was terrific... two burner stove, FULL size fridge, sink, and microwave, plus coffee maker... all you would need to reduce your "eat out" cost. There's a Safeway very close by too. I asked for a non-smoking room and the room was very nearly perfectly smoke free... the hallways weren't, and the second day some smoke vented into the bathroom. And, during checkout, they didn't give me my value; I had the sheet printed out from booking.com, gave it to them, and they refunded my credit card for the difference. SO... make sure if you got an incredible deal, print out the info.

Room Tip: First floor hallways seemed smoke free.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff, your spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that you encountered the smell of smoke during your visit with us. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Im been staying at this hotel for a couple days and i just love it the rooms are clean and the service is great. All the staff are friendly especially Usman and the manager Ashish is very helpful I will always recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I did this reservation through secret deal, I was nervous so much bcz it was my first visit to usa, but this hotel was best deal I got and experience was amazing. Its very friendly and located at very good place. Makes it very easy to travel and shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and the friendly service our staff provided. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The facilities are a bit limited. No work out facility or swimming pool, although there was another Extended Stay nearby with both, but unfortunately I was using public transportation and didn't have a car. I did run around the surrounding area which was pleasant in the morning and worked out just fine. Refrigerators in both rooms leaked a little bit of water, which I noticed and which was immediately cleaned up. I had been given a smoking room by Priceline but the staff immediately changed it for me as soon as I noticed. The housekeeping seemed a bit lax, I found some pieces of paper on the floor, not all the lights were plugged in, everything was not buttoned up and perfect as I would expect a hotel room to be, but I wouldn't call it dirty. The grab and go breakfast was definitely grab and go. Some fruit, prepackaged muffins, coffee, and granola bars were about the extent of it. The staff was the highlight of my stay. They were incredibly helpful and extremely responsive to every request or comment I made, even giving me free bottles of water and refunding my money when the vending machine ate it.

For the value and the staff, I would definitely stay again, and especially as an extended stay option, I think it would be a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Rob - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our hospitality; however, I apologize our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dcf@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a great place to stay! My room was nice and comfy, very clean, couldn't hear my neighbors, TV was nice and big. Free internet was a little intermittent at times, but that was really the only problem I had. Sara at the front desk was absolutely amazing - it didn't matter what I needed, she produced it like a magician! I will definitely be staying at this hotel next time I go to the DC area!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful things about our hotel and staff. I am proud of our team for providing you home away from home experience. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay as we were moving. The location was convenient for us. The staff, especially, Rishi & Sara, were helpful and friendly. We needed help setting up the room for my husband, who is confined to a wheelchair. Rishi went out of his way to make things work for us. We would have enjoyed a wider selection of TV channels. The price ($2.00 per load) seemed excessive for doing laundry. Still, we are grateful for having a clean, safe place to stay for just over 3 weeks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Terry - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provided. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is not a newly remodeled hotel. The staff is wonderful and the property is clean, but if you are looking forward to a newly remodeled hotel you will be disappointed. The Grab and Go breakfast apparently closes when they want to close it. It was coffee, packaged muffins, oatmeal, fruit and breakfast bars

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mona A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Mona - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff as well as the level of cleanliness throughout our entire property; however, we apologize for not communicating our grab and go breakfast start and end times properly. This is offered every morning from 6:00am to 9.:30am.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dcf@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.