“Truly a Business Traveler's Home away from Home!”

Candlewood Suites Fairfax
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I travel in and out of DC on a weekly basis: My stay at the Candlewood Fairfax initially began as a 'short term stay' of about 3 months when my company checked me and couple other colleagues into this hotel. It has now been ONE YEAR and TWO MONTHS later since we've been 'virtually living' in this hotel largely due to the incredible business relationship that has evolved between us and this Candlewood; In essence, this facility has now become my 'primary business home in the suburb DC area! I have stayed in other (higher category) hotels for business and pleasure in the past; however, this Candlewood represents a 'Ritz Carlton treatment' at a fraction of the cost!!

Obviously no hotel is without fault but, if there were an award for a hotel that makes you miss home, less, this Candlewood DESERVES it! From the EXCELLENT location to the warmth of the staff, what sets this hotel apart is their uncanny attitude to want to please you by any means necessary! When I complained to staff that the work chair in my room was uncomfortable, ......front desk rep, the INCREDIBLE Ms. Princess' worked behind the scenes with Mgt to deliver a brand new chair to my room couple days later instead of simply having me try another old chair as most other hotels would do: This was a special 'one year anniversary stay'' present that I will always cherish!

As long as we continue to do business in the DC area, there is absolutely no reason that we would go anywhere else for accommodation!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 10, 2010

Everything about this hotel is great. My room was extremely quiet and comfortable. I was able to sleep well, and accomplish my business at the large desk the suite provided. The staff was super super attentive and the location is superb for my needs in the greater DC area.
I have been to other Candlewoods but they don't hold a candle to this one! Newly remodeled, comfortable beds and the pillows are awesome. On top of the new paint and carpet they were installing a nre bbq grill the weekend I was there. Can't wait for my spring trip to try that out!!
In all what a great place to stay when you have to live on the road. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We absolutely love this hotel, it's next to many amenities such as a mall, and a great shopping center within walking distance. But it is more than just location to us it brings a sense of a second home to us. We enjoy the convienient of it's laundry facility, laundry room, and our favorite...... The Cupboard which is a room full of food and snacks. We have been coming here for years and we stay very frequent, for its comfort, relaxation and just to get away. Thanks to Abraham one of the front desk attendent's has always made the check in process fast yet has always shown great concern during our stay and politeness which is a great asset to this hotel and has made us to continue to come back.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I use this hotel several times a year for business meetings and I've always been very pleased with the quality of the suite and the very pleaseant hotel staff. The hotel staff is very attentative to the needs of their customers. The hotel has always been very clean and it's in a great location if you are interested in shopping or dining out. I would continue to use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stay in hotels all over the world from 2 star to 5 star and am quite familiar with traveling and the consequences of a poor hotel choice. Whenever I am in the DC area, I choose this property and have for the past 10 years. I can't explain the feeling I have when I stay here, it's different than all the other hotels I stay in. Maybe it's because the housekeepers like to clean, or perhaps it's because the maintenance man likes to keep things working right. Or maybe it's because the hotel management and front desk staff really care about me and their guests. I really feel comfortable here, like I'm in a condo that I own instead of a transient hotel situation.
I have over the years seen a few rowdy guests, to be fair the hotel doesn't screen the reservations, but they do address any situations that arise and those rowdy guests went away. And quickly. In all the years I've stayed here, I always have a great stay. And I will continue to stay here for many years to come. Always a safe bet for a clean and comfortable hotel stay, and no extra charges like at other hotel chains ie phone calls, internet connect etc.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I only stayed here just shy of a week, but enjoyed it. There were a good bit of trucks that were there, but didn't really hear the noise that other people mentioned. Could have been the time of year, I don't know. The place is set back off the road a bit so you don't even know it's there. The room was spacious and had all the amenities I needed. The bedding was excellent. The staff down there were friendly and very attentive. If I had to stay down there again, or longer I'd certainly opt to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2010

The room stunk. The room was also not what we reserved. My wife looked at the room while I stayed in the lobby. She told the guy at the front desk that is was unacceptable and he indicated that it was the only choice we would have there. Not only did the room stink, but it was not clean as well. If you have a choice between staying here or in your car, stay in your car. The choice might be closer between a park bench and the room, but the park bench would probably be the better choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck H
GMCndlFrFx, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

I have contacted this guest after reading his review. I am very concerned after reading comments such as these which are highly uncharacteristic for the Candlewood SuitesFairfax. After discussing the events that transpired the evening in question, this guest has agreed to give our hotel another try in the future. I firmly believe they will find as other guests have, that
we offer a Clean Crisp property. I apologized for the inconvenience this guest had experienced and look forward to the opportunity to create a positive lasting experinece and a loyal Candlewood Suites guest !