“GREAT PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Charleston, South Carolina
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I travel a lot for business and this was a great place to stay for a great place. The room was very spacious and clean and provided all my needs for my business. The staff is very friendly! The location of this hotel is perfect, right next to the highway and right next to popular restuarants in a very nice area. I recommend everyone to stay here whether on business or pleasure they will provide you anything you need.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Elmsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was our first time at a Candlewoods Suite. The style of this hotel was different and unique from any other hotel we've stayed in. The setting was like luxury apartments. When we walked into our room, we were truly impressed by the kitchenette, the quilted towels, the brand name soaps, the coordination of furnishings were excellent, nice size television that swiveled position. The experience was relaxing and comfortable. I did not know if they allowed pets until I looked at the end of the counter, they had doggie treats in a jar, that showed pets welcome. I am a pet owner. The front desk clerk was friendly, but could have been more informative of the service the hotel had to offer. Overall...SUPERB!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I only had a minor problem with the air conditioning leaking but they fixed it and gave me a discount for the inconvenience.
Secure Hotel loved having a kitchen bed comfortable

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

While many of the things I stated before still remain true, I have to give credit to the GM for his efforts in trying to make our stay better. It's rare that a GM will take the time to call you personally to apologize or follow-up. So, from a customer service standpoint, they totally get it. The GM really does care about the guest experience, and I hope that he can assemble the right team to execute his passion for service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Wow these people were really nice. They took good care of me and my two dogs and the price was reasonable. This is the first time I stayed at this property/chain but I would definitely go again the next time I want a place that has a kitchenette and accepts pets.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Kents Store, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I used this hotel for a 3 day job application process. It was conveniently located to suit my needs and well within my budget. Checking in and reserving was very easy. Though this is an extended stay hotel, staying only 3 days was comfortable and not a problem. the kitchen ammenities were great as I packed most of meals and food. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. The only minor complaints I have are the water never got very hot in the shower, and though the sheets and pillow cases were clean, they smelled dingy. The large TV and WiFi made the hours at night go by fast. The staff was very nice and helpful. The cantina was helpful for little things I forgot at home.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
DHMFairfax_Va, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
My entire team would like to thank you for your compliments and are glad that we met you needs. Im sorry that the bed linnen didnt leave you with a positive impression, but I assure you that we will take steps to improve this perception.
The Entire Team, which only numbers 10 , is truly dedicated to the comfort and well being of all of our guests, including yourself. We hope to see you back in the future and thank you for your comments on trip advisor. It has proven to be a useful tool to gain feedback from our guests and raise the quality of our service !
Tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I stayed 4 nights in this Suite with my spouse,it's excellent and comfortable location for relaxation,Ultra friendly relationship between the Suite staff and passengers is the most important trait and characteristic of the Fairfax Candlewood.
The equipped room with rather complete set of kitchen necessities and other appliances located in each suite make it completely suitable for staying in this hotel for long period either for leisure or business.
24 hours free Coffee maker & Nice little self-service shop with all basics needed at low cost available in the lobby .Thank you Dave,Princess & Shenee for your hospitality & Help.

A.A.Tabatabaie