$123
GardenInn.com
$123
$107
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

Comfort Inn University Center(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$67
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

$88
Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
$105
$109
$95
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

All reviewsfront desklong termweekend manageran extended staylaundry roomsecond homefitness centernice place to stayfull kitchennorthern virginiadc areavanessarosakitchenettedishwasherpantrygm
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Let start off by saying I a rewards customer with Candlewood Suites and I am IN LOVE with this chain of hotels! The purpose of this review to give a special shout out to a specific location, the FAIRFAX VA, location to be exact. I have a location closer to me but because of the top notch customer service by a gentlemen by the name of Abraham I go out of my area to purposely stay at this location. From the minute my husband and I walk in the door he always greets with a smile and ready to help with or assist with any request.

I am a customer service manager for an accounting firm and I know how hard the customer service role can be in dealing with everyday public so when I am getting treated like a valued customer I have to take the time out to write a review. Sure I can stay at another location or at another hotel chain BUT I choose to ALWAYS make Candlewood suites Fairfax Va, my top location!!!! I never have a bad time cause Abraham takes the time out to make my husband and I stay like the first time EVERY time and you don't find great customer service like that anymore these days!!! So KUDDOS to Abraham and the fairfax location for always making my home away from home feel like paradise!!!! Great Job, I look forward to more vacations, peace and relaxation stays with Candlewood! Thanks Abraham, your the best!

Room Tip: For a great customer service and a tranquil stay, visit the Candlewood Suites, FairFax VA!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
DHMFairfax_Va, Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Dear Candi D,

Well that's a very high compliment! World Class Service! Thank you so much for taking the time to let the customers of Trip Adviser know that we exceeded your expectations. And it is always an even bigger compliment coming from someone who works in the customer service industry.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We will definitely be back! Gorgeous clean suites and wonderful amenities. Full fridge, dishwasher, microwave and stove top cooker. Dishes, pots and pans. Gym and free laundry service. Popcorn waiting in microwave and a wonderfully comfy bed. Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisapaulk,

Gorgeous and Clean! Thank you for your comments! We so much appreciate them. We love that we are able to offer full refrigerators, dishwashers, and a brand new, 2 burner stove top for all your cooking needs.

We hope that you get the opportunity to stay with us again in Fairfax.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We spent two weeks here and it was such a great experience. Thank you Abraham for your assistance and cheerful disposition. Andy Jimmy you were great too! All of the staff was very helpful and made us feel very welcome here. The rooms were clean and very spacious. Everything you need is there at the motel. I would come back here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Linda R,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a comment about your stay at our hotel! We are thrilled that our staff was able to cheerfully assist you and make you feel welcome. Jimmy has been here for a year, and Abraham 5 and recently won a customer service award!

We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels take you to Fairfax.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just concluded an extended stay (five weeks) at the hotel July through August, 2014. Because of the length of the stay (over 30 days), I received a excellent rate. When researching the hotel before I booked, I saw several reviewers commending Abraham and how wonderful he is, and I have to admit, he did not disappoint. I do not care what time of day or night I saw him (he works weekends), he ALWAYS had a smile on his face and was genuinely glad to assist and called me by name. All of the staff are cordial and helpful.

The kitchen areas have just been updated, and so I had a full size refrigerator and plenty of cabinet space (for a hotel kitchenette). The dishwasher was a plus too to reduce the number of dishes I had to hand wash. There are also smaller appliances (Foreman grill; counter top oven) you can check out (at no charge) to help with cooking options (the rooms have two-eye range tops). While I did not use them while there, there are also gas barbecue grills on the property. My experience with hotel pots and pans are they are cheap and cook poorly, so I took my own, but it was unnecessary because the hotel had 18/10 stainless steel cookware which performed well.

Housekeeping comes once per week for extended stays, but you can always change out linens or towels at the front desk if need be.

The free laundry room on site was a plus...there are four or five washers and I believe six dyers. While I brought my own laundry supplies, a laundry basket is provided in your room and you can purchase detergent from the hotel pantry.

Location is great too.....I was just 15 minutes from the Vienna Metro Station, 15 minutes from George Mason University Campus, and 10 minutes from an expansive shopping area with movie theater, restaurants, etc. WalMart is less than 2 miles away and there is a small shopping center just up the street (a short walk) with a few stores and restaurants.

My bed was comfortable. I was concerned about having only a studio vs. the larger suite given my length of stay and whether I would feel cramped, but the room has a work space/dining table (for two), as well as a chair, and I survived (but it was just me in the room).

If in the area again, I would definitely stay here again (depending on the price quoted - I have a colleague who wanted a short term stay and this hotel was higher than another suite hotel, in another chain, but of a higher hotel class). If hotels in the District are too expensive or booked, this may be a good option and ride the Metro in (but be prepared for a 30+ minute train ride - but in all fairness, traffic is just as bad in terms of the length of the commute into the District).

Free Wi-Fi makes this hotel a more attractive in terms of pricing.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank carolinasunshine13

Dear Carolinasunshine13,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at our hotel in Fairfax! We are thrilled that Abraham was so wonderful to you. He is most defiantly a gem!

We are so excited about our kitchen renovations! We love our full size refrigerators with ice makers and new flat burner stove tops.

We hope that you have the opportunity to travel to our area again. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our family came to Virginia for two weeks. Our stay at Candlewood Suites was great! The staff is very helpful with many ideas of places to see and things to do. They even looked up addresses for us with directions to the points of interest. If we needed extra towels or anything else, all we had to do was ask and it was taken care of.
A fairly new employee, Mergen, was being trained by David when we arrived. The original bill was incorrect, but David helped Mergen change it. This could have been horrible. The difference would have been a big problem for us, but Dave and Mergen fixed it. It was a pleasant experience!
We loved being able to use the laundry facilities. There were plenty of washers and dryers, so our laundry didn't take long to do.
I advise any travelers to go ahead and rent a car. The bus stop is nearby, but a car is so much more flexible. We spent time in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Tennesee. The only drawback is there is no pool, and the internet went down for a day or two.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from rooms with animals. We had a room at the end of the hallway with a "neighbor" dog. We didn't hear the barking until the last day.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark G,

Thank you so much for your comments. We so much appreciate you taking the time to let our staff and hotel know that they have been doing a good job.

We are a terrific location for many things in the DC Area! We are conveniently located within minutes of the best shops and restaurants and just a short car ride into the city.

We look forward to seeing you again!

The Candlewood Suites Fairfax Hotel Staff.