“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel has great customer service as soon as you walk in the door. The front desk has been a great help to me. I am up here on business and don't really know my way around the area, they have been a huge help on pointing me in the right direction. Really well kept hotel inside and out. Jimmy from the front desk has gone out of his way to make sure everything I need is taking care of. I will be booking with candlewood suites again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hello Jimmy
Thanks for the awsome review, I will share it with my team ! Im glad my team was able to help you with directions and providing you with great service in general. Jimmy is our newest team member, so Im especially pleased to see he has embraced our core values so well. We look forward to seeing you back in the future, and should you need anything, at any time, feel free to conatct me personally !
Regards
Dave Monroe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was initially put on alert when you have to use a room key to enter the hotel. No sliding doors but a room key and after hours the front desk is gated closed like at the mall. There is no one at the front desk and you have to call this number to get service. That did not make me feel safe.

Also a majority of hotel guests were construction workers and I also found a number of them were openly walking around drinking beer and cursing. The overall stench was of cigarettes, dogs and mold. I didnt feel comfortable walking around with no shoes on because it smelled moldy.

I tried to eat before the sun went down and went straight to my room and stayed in because it didnt seem like a safe hotel to be at alone. When the front desk was present they were nice and accomodating but after dark everyone disappeared. I would not recommend this for a female traveling on business alone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Trilermom82
Thank You for writing your review on Trip Advisor. I regret that your stay did not meet your expectations, and that you left feeling that our property was unsafe. Please let me address your concerns so that their are no misconceptions.
Our main entrance door is an automatic door , but once inside the vestibule, you must manually open the door to the inside. This door is unlocked between the hours of 7am until 11pm. After that time, the door is locked for guest security, and requires a valid room key to enter. If you have any difficulty, the house phone provided in that area allows you to speak with a guest service agent 24 hours a day for assistance.
As with most Candlewood Suites, our Front Desk hours are between 7am and 11pm. Express Check out is available, or if you have any needs, you can reach the Night Auditor who is always available in the office from 11pm until 7am and can be reached by House phone located in the lobby.
While our business mix of guests is constantly changing, we often do have groups of construction workers. Management does expect the same standards of conduct with all guests, and is ready to respond immediately should anyone be seen drinking in public or behaving in a disrespectful manner.
We typically have a broad range of guests at our hotel, often times hosting traveling nurses for extended stays, as well as other professional men and women who frequently return again and again.
Please accept my apologies that I was not able to address your concerns during your stay, and hope that we may have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please call the hotel main switchboard and ask for me, and I would be happy to address your concerns further and see what we might do to change your impression about our Great Little Hotel
Sincerely
David Monroe
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fairfax and, like all Priority Club properties, it was a great experience. Special recognition to Abraham at the front desk who was very helpful and made our stay that much better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peter Silaghi
Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor ! We appreciate the fact that other potential guests will read your comments and base their decision on your observations. As a Priority Club member with IHG, we are happy to hear that you received the high level of service that you have become accustomed to with our brand. While their are certainly other brands and loyalty programs in the market, we are confident that ours is the best ! I especially want to thank you for the recognition of one of my Superstars, Abraham ! He truly cares about each and every one of his guests and will go out of his way to ensure their stay is Great !
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I spent 3 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E. so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, just coffee. The hotel was clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room with FREE use of washers and dryers. Well equipped exercise room. & a Pool.
Mini-store was well stocked, and included an array of snacks and toiletries. Also has a business room with 2 computers not just 1 like most places. Comfortable beds. If you want to grill your food utensils to BBQ, out back our available at the front desk, you just bring the food and enjoy.
The staff is very friendly & helpful. Close to freeway to DC and numerous restaurants and stores in the area, Makes your stay feel more like home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveling Frank
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. My entire team is grateful that you took the time to write a review, and that you listed in great detail the amenities and services that we offer. We look forward to hosting you again as our guest and will always strive to provide you with the highest levels of service that you expect and deserve !
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stay here when visiting DC for Rolling Thunder. Quiet location and easy access to all of Arlington and DC. Clean, Friendly and very comfortable beds. The idea of a full range, micro wave and full refrig makes it more affortable to families. Rooms are large and again comfortable. Lots of restaurants in area also. Free WiFi, exercise room and laundry. Only drawback is no pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Traveling Frank
Thank You very much for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. Your description of the property and its amenities was awsome ! I think you covered just about everything we have to offer and our proximity to shopping and restaurants. Your most important comment was that our "Staff was Friendly and Helpful" This is our core responsibility and duty to our guest such as yourself, and to know that you were well recieved is the highest compliment you can pay us !
We hope to see your return at some point in the future, and Thank You again !
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this location for two months while I looked for a more permanent rental. The customer service was the best. Hats off the Ibraham, who was always helpful and very friendly! The rest of the staff were not slackers by any means. Her name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it now for some reason, but the young lady who usually works the desk in the evenings (who is now leaving :-( ) was fantastic as well. She moved me to a new room when the one that I was in originally proved to be a bit too noisy for me, and she was always super-friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Lee Highway. It can get a bit noisy when the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear R_BROWN_MD
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to my team, especially Ibrahim and Angelina, who serve as role models for the rest of my staff. We are glad that we were able top serve as your temporary home durring your perminant home search, and hope that you will always remember we are here for you should a future need arise. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future
Dave.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fairfax, VA and loved every second of it. Ibraham Wahba took care of me and treated me at its best . I could not have asked for more. Upon returning home, my friends and family wanted to hear about my trip, and I could not stop raving about my stay.I really enjoyed the best every minute things were taking care for me and when ever i want they help and change my rooms when needed i stayed twice once for 8 weaks and for 4 weaks it was wonderful

My room was immaculate. There was a small kitchen with all of the comforts of home as well as a little welcome surprise in the microwave (a bag of microwave popcorn) which I enjoyed while watching some of my favorite TV shows on the large flat screen, in my PJs, sitting in the wonderfully comfortable bed. and also everything was so clean like we r at house and whenever we need to change bedshheets or anything else it was done in just few minutes without any charge and any question that was awsome

The Candlewood is also conveintly located very close to many restaurants and stores. The weekend was so beautiful, that I even took advantage of walking to several places. like subway dominos etc and fairoaks mall is also quiet near

I have business here one weekend a month, and I am going to reserve a room here for every one of them :)
I really thank them all for their co operation and service they offer thank u is a very smaal word for them i reaaly like their courtesy and service they offer its really awsome thank u

Room Tip: take the room in front of parking lot and not at back side and take on 1st floor its far more better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Amleisure
Thank you for your kind words of endorsement for our hotel and team. It was our pleasure to serve you and I am thankful your visit left you with such a positive impression !
Our property is especially designed for long term travelers such as yourself. Our facility, while modest, is clean, comfortable and conviently located close to dinning and shopping. Our greatest virtue is our team. They are truly passionate about providing a warm and inviting environment for our guest, and enjoy the opportunity of getting to know our long term and frequent visitors. Ive lost count of how many times Ibraham has been recognized for his ability to wow our guests. I recognize his contributions in ensuring our guests comfort, and utilize his talents and skills as a trainer for my other team members
Its awsome to know that the Candlewood Suites Fairfax is developing a reputation as the place to stay in Northern Virginia, as far away as India !
We look forward to your future visits, and rest assured, you are always welcome here, your home away from home.
Regards