“My long-term temporary home away from home”

Candlewood Suites Fairfax
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My long-term temporary home away from home”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

For the last 29 months, we've had our house in Texas on the market, even though our careers have since brought us to DC. I stayed in this hotel for nine months and was consistently pleased with the commitment to service and satisfaction. Of particular note are the sales director, Yvonne, and the desk staff I most often interacted with, Flor and Abraham. These are truly kind people who will do whatever is necessary to ensure the comfort of guests. With comfortable rooms that include kitchen facilities, you feel like you're in an apartment (except that someone else will clean it for you every week and change your linens). During my time away from home, I've stayed in Candlewood Suites hotels in Herndon, Portland (Ore.), and now Fairfax. Although they were all good, Fairfax is the one to rule them all. And they've promised to call me if any mail or packages for me arrive there.

Room Tip: Ask for a first-floor room near the free laundry area and the onsite gym. Some guests bring pets, so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear RGW
Thank you so much for your comments and the praise you had for our team. We have a small, but very dedicated staff who works hard to not only please our guests, but also to really get to know them, and their needs. This is especially important for our long term guests, who really become part of the family !
Hope to see you back again sometime soon, please get in touch next time your passing through !
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here during George Mason University's graduation. The room was well designed, clean and large. The staff was very accomodating and friendly, particularily the manager, Abraham.

We travel with a little dog and the hotels that accept pets are usually not this nice. There is a barbecue place, a little shop with snacks and a laundry. It is a very good location yet quiet.

We are planning another trip soon and are looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. We are glad you and your pet enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return in the future ! I will be sure to share your comments to my team, who will be happy that you enjoyed your stay !
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Consistently comfortable, quiet and safe. The staff is incredible, the pillows are perfect for me and I really enjoy my suite on the third floor. I usually request the same suite as I have utilized this property for over 10 years while traveling. One day I'm sure they will put a wooden plaque on the wall to commemorate my stays! lol. But seriously, the mgmt is fantastic and very attentive. One guest recently mentioned that the rooms feel dated. Well you aren't paying to stay at the Ritz! And I feel the value is here. Clean and comfortable works just fine for me and all the other guests I have talked with over the years. So give Dave and his staff the chance to impress you with their superior service and overall attitude of excellence.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Adam
Thank You again for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for taking this long to recognize your comments, but hopefully you know how much we appreciate your continued business. I enjoy your comments and use them as a barometer of how are service may be trending. I hope we are always able to be consistant in providing you the level of service you have come to expect, and look forward to you and Franks' next visit !
Thanks
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Candlewood Suites of Fairfax has helped my family to relocate to this area as an affordable option with a really accommodating staff, in a quiet and relaxed setting while meeting all the basic needs of home. From the management to housekeeping and maintenance, everyone ensured our family enjoyed the last day as much as the first. Thank you to everyone that made our stay here so enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear LauraJane07
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with others. It was our pleasure serving you durring your relocation, which can be a very stressful time. We hope you are able to recommend us to visiting family and friends, and appreciate your business.
Maryland
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is sort of like a mom-and-pop version of a Residence Inn. The hotel convenience shop is run on an honor basis and there are worn DVD's behind the front desk for loan. But the room smelled heavily of deodorizer, as though housekeeping was attempting to conceal smoking/pets/mildew. The furnishings were dated; they seemed to have been taken from a Holiday Inn circa 1989. The paint on the kitchen cabinetry was starting to peel. On the positive side, the wifi worked well and my room -- a one bedroom suite -- had a very large workspace. The hotel has a good location, tucked among condominium/apartment communites but close to Main Street and Lee Highway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MarylandTraveler75
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear MarylandTraveler75,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel as well as your spacious room. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations with our property itself. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Thank you again for the review and your stay with us.

Bon V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was a great hotel overall for the price. Nothing fancy, but very nice location, quite, and the service was quick and friendly. The front office clerk (I believe his name was Ibraham) was very friendly and spent some time telling me about DC and and Northern Virginia. I would reccomend it to anyone who is looking for an affordable, nice place to stay at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Roma S
SAINT PETERSBURG
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am a traveling therapist and I have been living in Candlewood suites for 3 months, and just asked to stay for three more. The room is clean and well furnished, the bed very comfy, and when I asked for a room that had a view, I got it!! A very nice view of lovely green trees! But more importantly, the staff here is impeccable, particularly Flor and Abraham. I had a toilet overflow one night at 10:30 pm, called downstairs panicking, and Flor immediately came up with reinforcements and took care of the mess calmly and quickly. She is always smiling and willing to help, very pleasant to deal with. If I ever have an issue with something, both of them get it righted ASAP. I would recommend anyone coming to this area for the short term to check it out, I am extremely happy and satisfied with my stay!!

Room Tip: rooms that face the trees, are farther from the elevator and on the top floor are best, I hardly eve...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business