“SERVICE”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“SERVICE”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Abraham was very helpful and courteous from the time I called ahead to advise of my arrival time and throughout my stay. His overall demeanor and professionalism made it a pleasure to stay there. I stay regularly at priorty club affiliated hotels and rate my experience here as one of the best.

Room Tip: I made my reservation on line but called the hotel before selecting my room. The staff is very help...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank PM P
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am truly fortunate to work with such a Great bunch of team members, especially Abraham. As our weekend manager, he is asked to wear many hats ! He will ceratinly be happy to hear that he was able to make your stay enjoyable, as am I, knowing that the property is in good hands.
We look forward to serving you on your future visits, and thank you for choosing to be our guest !
Dave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in early November 2011 mainly because of positive online reviews. I was not disappointed. This a very clean and quiet establishment and the front desk staff are friendly and efficient. My room was spacious and had a full size fridge along with dishwasher and full kitchen equipment (except for an oven).

Onsite gym was a great facility which I used. Easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and bus stops to Vienna and Dunn-Loring metro stations. There is a nearby Giant supermarket 10 minute walk away also. I didn't have a car and did not feel isolated at all.

Price was on a par with other nearby establishments. I recommend Candlewood Fairfax to anybody looking for clean, comfortable and well equipped accommodation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Vacation
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
On behalf of my entire team, Thank You for your kind endorsement of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax ! We appreciate your assistance in getting the word out about our Great Hotel ! Even though we are an extended stay property, we do welcome all guests, short and long term. And while we may not offer some of the amenities found a larger full service hotels, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness, proximity to shopping and highways, as well as being a quiet facility.
Thank You again and we hope to see you back soon !
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed November 7, 2011

as a former retail manager myself..i know the important of great customer service...the entire staff at the candlewood suites in fairfax...is the creme of the crop !
but this is to bring particular attention to ms flor cerrato...who greets and helps you in a way that helps one feel at home,and also aids in us forgetting that we are not. i can surely speak for other residents when i say....you makes your stay here a the candlewood suites feel like home.

sincerly
mr. adam troi hansley & family [---]

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank troy h
Thank You Troy for your compliments about the Hotel and its staff. I will be sure to pass on your kind words about Flor and make sure she is recognized for the great job that she does. I am glad we were able to make you feel at home as this is our most important mission for travelers such as yourself. We hope to see you back and please know that you are always Welcome !
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Ok so i have never been in Fairvax VA, i came from New Mexico for 3 weeks of training and the company i work for booked us here. At first i was hesitant cuz heck who wants to spend 3 weeks in a suite with room service knocking on your door all the time. WELL>>>> ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS I HAVE ONE DAY LEFT TO GO AND SERVICE HERE WAS GREAT. I FELT VERY MUCH AT HOME. I WASNT BOTHERED AND ANY TIME I NEEDED SERVICE I GOT IT. I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE FACT THAT EVERYTIME I CAME IN OR WAS ON MY WAY TO WORK THE STAFF WOULD TAKE THEIR TIME TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ME AND HELP GIVE ME DIRECTIONS, MAPS, AND ADVICE ON GREAT EATING AND SHOPPING. HECK BEING FROM NEW MEXICO I WASNT READY FOR THIS BAD WEATHER BUT LUCKILY BECAUSE OF THE GREAT SERVICE I WAS LOANED AN NICE RED UMBRELLA LOL. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK IN PARTICULAR ****FLOR**** WHOM MADE SURE I FELT AT HOME. besides the staff the ameneties like FREE internet, free laundry service, 24 hour gym which i noticed gets used alot lol, and great rooms with all the essentials i will definately come back. As a matter of fact i recomended this place to all my co-workers. This place is in a great location. Tons of resturants, shopping, etc only 1 -2 mins away and very easy to get 2. So overall i am rating this place the highest rating u can give. I appreciate everything and enjoyed that nice little welcome card! thank you everyone. U ROCK!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear Rizzo
Thank You for your awsome endorsement ! Having lived in Southwest, I know our weather can be a shock,but from what I hear from relatives, its been snowing up in Tijeras Canyon !
I will be sure to share your comments with my team, and I believe I can speak for everyone here, it was a pleasure having you be part of our Family for 3 weeks !
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We had a one week stay here.

The room we checked into was dirty, but nothing else was available and the front desk just didn't seem to care. There was someone's old hair ties and a deodorant cap under the bed as well as used tissues. They weren't in the middle of the bed or anything, you could see them under the dust ruffle.

No one made any offer to have our room recleaned. The front desk was always too busy to be bothered even when no guests were around. They were either chitchatting with each other, filing their nails or just sitting while ignoring guests at the counter.

The hotel is close to a decent strip mall type shopping area which is an easy walk or very short drive, so that was convenient.

It was nice having the full kitchen for our stay, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear JLNotary
Please contact me at your earliest convenience regarding your review of the Candlewood Suites Fairfax. I can be reached anytime through the hotels main switchboard. If the events you portray actually occured at this property, I need to investigate immediately to ensure that it does not continue.If you could tell me the room number that you stayed in and the time and date you attempted to report the problems you encountered, I would greatly appreciate it so that I can research your claims. I am particularly puzzled about your Front Desk comments, since we only have one Guest Service agent scheduled per shift, unless management is present, making it a total of two
While I respect your observations, I find them very uncharacteristic of our property, and the caring attitude of our team. We take great pride in providing a clean and friendly environment for all guests and take comments such as yours very seriously.
As stated before, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and find out what I might do to bring you back to experience the best of the Canldewood Suites Fairfax !
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 8 weeks, great stay and super safe area. It's pet friendly and has everything within driving distance- walmart, wegman's, etc. The rooms are nice and large with housekeeping weekly. THe front desk was always attentive to any need I had and even recommended a pet sitter when I needed one. Abraham, Jeremy, Shenee, and Flor give excellent customer service. The housekeeping ladies are awesome too!

Room Tip: the longer you stay the better rate you receive!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Heidi B
GMCndlFrFx, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairfax, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Heidi
Thank you Very Much for your kind endorsement of our hotel. I will be sure to pass this on to my team and am glad that we were able to help make you stay enjoyable while working in Fairfax.
As you mentioned, our Housekeepers are Great and truly are the backbone of this hotel.
I hope you can visit us again, for work or pleasure, and thanks for being part of our family, if only for 8 weeks !
Alabama
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stuck in the outskirts of DC due to some massive booking of the hotels near Crystal City, I had to venture into uncharted waters of Fairfax. With little choice of hotels available, I ended up at this Candlewood Suites. It is in a fairly nice neighborhood/business area. Plenty of food and shopping choices are near by. It is also very close to I-66 and only 4 miles from the Orange Line's last stop on the Metro.

The hotel is in good shape and the rooms are comfortable. It is not as nice as a Staybridge but I didn't expect it to be. The suite is on the small side as far as suite hotels go. The bed was comfortable and the heating/air worked fine. A small kitchenette had anything one would need for a short trip.

The workout room is very limited and for some reason is open to the laundry creating a very uncomfortable humidity while you are exercising. This was a design flaw at this pariticular Candlewood.

Staff was fine.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Hunt Guy
While not being your first choice, we are glad you had an opportunity to give us a try. Being located a short distance from Rt 66 and the Vienna Metro stop, we do make a viable alternative for travelers needing to be in Washington, but not willing to pay the high prices, or looking for a quieter less congested alternative. Our Fitness and Laundry facilities are connected, but I believe the discomfort you experienced durring your workout was created by a malfunctioning HVAC which has now been repaired.
While the suite you were in did seem compact, I urge you to visit us again and request aOne Bedrooom Suite. Most of our guests find this room type offers plenty of space to spread out and relax on the sleeper sofa and the added privacy of a seperate bedroom.
Both Candlewood Suites and Staybridge Suites are part of the IHG family and I encourage you to stay at either whenever you are on the road. While Staybridge offers a few more perks, we hope that quality and warmth of our service matches that found at any brand, anywhere !
We hope that you visit us again in the future and look forward to the opportunity to serve you !
Thanks for your business !