“This Hotel is Convenient, pleasant staff and great accomdations for everyone.”

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed February 23, 2009

My Family stayed at this Hotel last March. We didnt want near all the hustle & bustle of the city so this was perfect. Near nice restaurants and close enough to George Mason University where our daughter was partcipating in an event held there so it was within minutes there as well.
We will be attending the same event next month, March 09 & we booked this same place because of its accomodations and great rooms and love the indoor pool. Very relaxing. The staff there is great too.
Chris M/Va Beach

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2008

We stayed here for a couple of nights of very dreary, wet December weather. Maybe this prejudiced our view, but the hotel seemed to consist of large ugly blocks, in very unimposing surroundings, and not to be convenient for anywhere without a car.

Our room was warm when we arrived; - much too warm, and five minutes of wrestling managed to open the window only about three inches. We turned off the heating, and never turned it on again, despite the chill outside! However the room and bathroom were quiet, spacious and clean, and the king-size bed was very comfortable. Plenty of drawer, and hanging space.

The room however lacked a few amenities which would have made a big difference. There were no bathrobes, neither notepaper nor envelopes, and no safes, and breakfast cannot be served in the room. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided, but we had to ask twice for some teabags, and, while a notepad is provided, ours was finished and had not been replaced. Minor details, but suggesting a lack of supervision.

Breakfast ($1 more than advertised) was adequate, just, but was very stale and tired looking by 9.00am. Dinner was better, and service at both was excellent, particularly from the maitre d'.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2008

Used this hotel for a weekend anniv. celebration. I enjoyed it. Nice place overall. Large room and king size bed. Will do it again, at some point.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax as I had a class at CACI. I liked this hotel. There is plenty of parking. The check in is fast and efficient. Instead of charging you $3 or giving you a bottle of water, they give you a voucher toward $3 worth of "stuff" in their little market. I did get breakfast for 9.95 and it was good; typical buffet breakfast. Rooms were clean and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank merry10
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We first stayed here in February '08, took in the International Spy Museum and wanted a hotel close by the Metro but out of the "city proper". Great stay- really comfortable beds, clean rooms, common areas were well appointed and the bartender made a mean Cosmo...

My oldest just went off to college at George Mason and we are planning on staying here for Family Weekend in October. I think it says alot that this hotel is also recommended by the University, both for location (4 miles from campus) and value (they offer a discount for Family Weekend). The pricing isn't bad for the DC area on any weekend, plus you have the assurance that it's a typical Hilton with typical Hilton amentities. We don't require fancy but do require clean--- plus a pool, fitness room, a bar/restaurant and reasonable expectations of quiet (for a hotel) , this place delivers on all counts.

I would have rated it excellent rather than above average except for the food. Actually, I can't really fault them for the food, I have never eaten in a chain hotel with other than sub par food. So, take that for what it's worth, there are plently of eating establishments in Fairfax, or get something delivered if you can wait. The restaurant doesn't have BAD food and the staff is attentive, it's just hotel food.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank bean
Reviewed August 23, 2008

The Hilton Garden Inn is clean and comfortable, but be sure to read the fine print if you book an online reservation. My husband and I booked four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn through Expedia. After our first night in the hotel, my husband and I were invited to stay with a relative in the area. We notified the hotel 27 hours in advance of check-out time that we planned to check out the next day, and requested a refund for the remaining two night stay. The hotel staff said that since the reservation had been made through Expedia, we should contact Expedia to request a refund. Expedia advised us to check out as planned and said they would try to negotiate a refund with the hotel. While Expedia could not guarantee us a refund, the reservationist told me that negotiated refunds were common. My husband asked the hotel clerks if they knew if the hotel refunded customers opting for early check-out. He was also told that refunds were common. Although we were reassured, we wanted a straight answer about the refund policy from both the hotel and Expedia. We emphasized that we would not want to check out, and lose both our comfortable accommodations and our money. Expedia told us that a refund depended on negotiations with the hotel. The hotel told us that the refund was in the hands of Expedia.

We did not learn that hotel policy prohibited refunds for Expedia customers until we had checked out of the hotel. We were astonished that the hotel refused to negotiate with Expedia, and that we could be charged for the full four night stay. Had we cancelled our reservation up to 24 hours before check-in, we would have had no fee. After check-in, the 24 hour cancellation rule no longer applied even though we had not received a discounted rate for a multi-night booking. We would have paid the same amount for four single night reservations. Had I been aware of the unjust early check-out policy, I could have booked the four nights separately so that I could renew the reservation on a nightly basis. Adding to my unhappiness with the hotel was an email that I received in response to my complaint. The manager had little sympathy with our plight and claimed that the staff had clearly and directly communicated the policy that Expedia customers could not receive refunds after check-in to us. That statement was blatantly false. The only time that a staff member communicated this policy to us was the day after we had checked out when I spoke with the Assistant Manager by phone after Expedia informed me that the hotel would not agree to a refund.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank VMH7
Reviewed August 21, 2008

This hotel lives up to the members' reviews. Very clean hotel. Outstanding front desk and restaurant personnel. I would stay here again. In fact, I am more likely to stay at this hotel when in that corner of VA even if it means a slightly longer drive the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business