“HGI quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Bowie, Maryland
“HGI quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

When possible, I always try to stay in a Hilton Garden Inn. The staff is always polite and helpful; the rooms and amenities are good. Sometimes, the restaurant is not optimal, but certainly acceptable. I have found that the in-room internet connection can be exceedingly slow, however.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank IsaacBorocz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed here for one night in August. The two ladies at check in (I regret that I forgot their names) were among the nicest hotel staff I've ever met. My room was exceptionally clean (I'm very picky about bathrooms, and this met my standards!). The bed was firm but not uncomfortable. I like the fact that they give Hilton Honors members a voucher to use in the little pantry rather than just putting two bottles of water in the room. It's nice to have a choice of water or something else. I ate in the restaurant which is basic, but the food was good (I had chicken and filet mignon skewers). The bar was bigger than I expected and looked fun; if I'd had any energy whatsoever, I might have stuck around for a drink! The next morning while I was prepping to checkout, I noticed my check-in packet had a little form for 500 extra HH points if you spent $25 in the restaurant. You were supposed to have given it to your server, but I hadn't noticed it when I had dinner the night before. When I asked the gentleman working the checkout if I could still get the points, he said he'd absolutely take care of it. I will definitely stay again the next time I'm in the area!

1 Thank RebeccaGelinas
Leesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were guest for a wedding at the hotel. The price offered was a good value. The hotel was clean and well maintained. It is a good location since it is close to several major hi-ways with easy access to many Washington DC locations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Marsha B
Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotel is one of the best that I have stayed at. I travel to this area about 6 days out of the month. The staff is better than some 5 star accommodations that I have experienced. You will not be dissatisfied.

1 Thank Joey N
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've stayed in several Hilton Garden Hotels. In this one case, I felt the mattress was not up to usual Hilton Garden standards. I assume this was a problem that had not been mentioned to the management, and I did not complain about it either. It was not a big deal for me, and it was the only thing I could fault during my stay. I will stay at the same place again.l

• 3 of 5 stars

Jefferson City MO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Absolutely wonderul in every aspect. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great conference space, food is wonderful. I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfax. This was the second year in a row that I attended a conference at this facility.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Lois H
Efland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn because we have been at this particular brand of hotels before. Although a little pricier than some others and breakfast is not included, I know the quality I am getting. The hotel is always clean, the service is impeccable, and I never fail to get a good nights sleep with those amazing beds (I don't know where they get them). Literally, at every Hilton Garden my family has stayed at we have enjoyed our stay. I hope this has helped you make a decision.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Eleanor P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
Hampton Inn Fairfax City
4.0 of 5 stars 527 reviews
Residence Inn Fairfax City
Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks
Comfort Inn University Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax? Share your experiences!