“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March of 2013. We attended the WWE event at the patriot center, which is a short distance from the hotel. The room was a great value as we booked it a couple weeks ahead of time and received an advance purchase rate of $79. The hotel was excellent for this rate. The only issue I had was I did not sleep very well. I could hear doors slamming and lots of noise in the hallway. Other than that, this hotel was very good, especially for the rate we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fairfax for three nights in Februrary 2013. My family and I traveled from New York to celebrate a cousin's graduation at a party that was held in the hotel. The rooms/beds were very comfortable, the breakfast buffet priced well with many options and the location was close enough to travel into to DC. The nightly cookies were a sweet treat and the lobby contained sofas and chairs with room enough for our entire group to sit together. There is a shopping center across the street with a grocery store and restaurants. We used the jacuzzi and the pool and had them both to ourselves.The floor and walls needed cleaning and the floor was very slippery. I would recommend staying here and would return myself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Virginia Perry assisted us to plan my daughter's bridal shower. Being from out of town, this was anticipated to be a somewhat stressful challenge. Virginia made everything flow so smoothly, guiding us through the menu planning, flow of events, and arrangement of the room to best suit our needs. I truely was able to relax and enjoy the event! She offered us excellent room accomodations and prices for the out of town guests and everyone raved about the hotel; from food to the room. The staff was extremely helpful since I had many decorative items including cut flowers which they stored for me overnight in their walk in refrigerator. The ballrooms are beautiful and over look a courtyard with landscaping and privacy. The restaurant staff were so pleasant and attentive. You felt like you knew them by the end of the stay! And the made to order omelets or french toast was terrific! All for a very reasonable price since it is all you can eat! Not one thing I can say about this place! Strongly recommend. Did not have time to use the pool which I regret but maybe next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is the Best! Although I do not stay there very often, Joe acts like he has waited only for me - my room choice is always ready. I am the consumer that can complain about anything, so for me to say 'no complaints' is earth shaking. I travel 250 days a year and this hotel is the BEST--- not the biggest, not the fanciest, not the snootiest - just the most friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for Joe. He might be the friendliest service person anywhere.
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed there to attend a wedding nearby but I also work for a Hilton Garden Inn in Hampton, VA. Very pleased with hotel and accommodations. Did not dine in hotel so I can't comment on food but it was nice to have complimentary coffee available early in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, and felt the same on both visits - great customer service! Folks at the front desk are very friendly no matter what time of day it is, and I have found the folks that take care of breakfast wonderful. Luckily, because of my Hilton Hhonors status (diamond), I get breakfast free. This includes made-to-order omelettes, french toast, etc. Rooms on both stays have been very comfortable and utilitarian - there is a small refrigerator and microwave in each room, and that is helpful if you don't want to eat out every night. The hotel is within walking distance of a Harris Teeter food/pharmacy (less than a five-minute walk) and a short driving distance of Panera Bread, Baja Fresh and a few shopping centers. And the cookies at the front desk are a nice touch - I know that a lot of hotels do this now, but it is great when you get back from a long day working. All-in-all great stays both times.

Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Another year, another great visit to the HGI Fairfax. Stayed for three nights in early March 2013 and the rooms and service met my expectations based upon my previous experiences at other HGI locations. Joe at the front desk makes for an even better experience. Joe has the uncanny ability to remember faces and names and always gives you a warm welcome, as do the rest of the staff. I'll be back again next year and I'm already looking forward to it.

Room Tip: There is a fire station adjacent to the hotel. Ask for room away from from this side to avoid being...