“Great place to stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Great hotel to stay... I work where Customer Service is what we strive for and this hotel is top notch! Everyone was so accommodating. I stayed here for spring break with my husband and 2 tween daughters. We arrived earlier than what check in time was. The front desk staff took care of us and let us check in early which helped tremendously due to have the girls. We used the metro rail frequently to get down to see all the tourist sight. Metrorail was about 12min from hotel. Front desk had direction to everything.
Hotel was clean comfortable and there was everything within driving distance to the hotel. for example mall 3min about... Shopping center with Target, Wal-mart ,Red Robin etc. 7min away. Hotel restaurant was adequate comfortable and cozy. There's a small lounge outside the front desk if you want to get out your room and socialize. Pool/Sauna was great. The pool girl Gina was amazing she made sure the area was always wiped down for safety purposes and the sauna was set just at the right temperature. Beds were extremely comfortable. Now there is a gas station w/convienant" store right in front of hotel. If you don"t need to buy anything from there expect gas this place was a ripoff as far as prices is concern. We tried to patronize this business owner however prices were triple mark up. So we just went to Wal-mart and brought snacks and bottle water for the kids. The Hilton chain made us feel like home. I like reading review prior to visiting a property to know what to expect. This Hilton property was definitely top notch. Perfect location. Superior Staff.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank tmholly

Reviewed March 11, 2008

I was in Fairfax for an event at the Patriot Center at George Mason University. Chose this hotel with the help of TA. The rest of my group stayed elsewhere. I was so HAPPY I chose this hotel. Quick easy check in. it was close to everything! The staff was SUPER. Nothing was a problem. Need directions? just ask the staff. The have a drawer full of EASY to follow step by step directions that will make sure you do not get lost.(wish i knew this on day 1 as I spent much time getting lost!)Rooms were super clean and lobby was beautiful. Saw many people gathered in lobby by the fireplace just relaxing on the sofas. Fridge and microwave were nice to have. Plenty of room to store groceries too! In room coffee maker but if you don't want to use it they have complimentary coffee in the lobby. Free wireless internet let us keep up to date on our e mails. Only found 2 very minor flaws-very small bathroom and not being able to guarantee 2 double beds instead of king. ( if you need 2 doubles check in early-they are first come first serve.) Next time I am in Fairfax area I WILL STAY at the HILTON GARDEN INN!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2008

My sister lives 5 minutes from this hotel, so we stay there to visit her. My husband is a germ-a-phobe, and this is the only hotel he stays in that he doesn't complain about. The whole facility is beautiful, and the staff is first rate. Even the small restaraunt and people who work there are wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed at the HGI twice. Once on our way up from Florida to Vermont and again on the way back. We actually had such a good stay on the way up that we cancelled our return trip reservation (which was at a different hotel) and went back to the HGI Fairfax.

The walls were a little thin. When I went down the hall to use a vending machine I could hear noise coming from my room (we were traveling with a young child) so I felt a little bad for anyone in the rooms near us. But there didnt seem to be much sound between rooms - just out in the hall.

Nice amenities - cookes in the lobby, good toiletries in the bathroom. We ordered room service and it was actually pretty good (of course, we were starving so we welcomed anything edible). Checkout couldnt have been easier and the desk staff, especially early in the morning, were very friendly.

It's not the most convenient hotel to I-95 but I think the price is better than most of the ones that are. It was in a very quiet, safe area and that, for me, is worth going 15 minutes out of the way.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2007

I stayed in this property with my husband and son while visiting family in the area over the Thanksgiving holiday. From check in through check out the staff was very nice and helpful. The front desk clerk even gave me room location choices as I had requested a quiet area because I have a young son that goes to bed earlier. I selected a corner room that was very spacious, nicely appointed and quiet. I took advantage of the great exercise room each night and found the downstairs recreation facility area and event rooms area nice enough to just take a moment to slow down and look around. We enjoyed the abundant breakfast buffet each morning before heading out. It was included in the holiday rate and while we didn't take advantage of the made-to-order items available it was more than enough and delicious. My husband and I both tend to sneak in some work even on holidays so the FREE wireless internet was great as most hotels still charge for this service. All in all we will be returning to this property the several times a year we are in the area. The only thing I regretted was that the pool only has evening hours and with a little one that's ready to go in the morning it would have been fun to play in the pool before breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Virginia07
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We spent three nights over Veterans Day Weekend. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. We had dinner one night in the restaurant and the service and food was excellent and reasonably priced especially for the quality of the meal, service and environment. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. There was always Starbucks coffee and fresh baked cookies in the hotel lobby and comfortable seating by the fireplace. Our room had two double beds that were very plush but two queen beds would have been better since there were three of us and we had two people in one of the beds. The room was attractive with microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, comfortable reading chair and desk with nice desk chair and everything else that you expect in a nice hotel. Bathroom had plenty of thick towels. The hotel is located in a nice area with a large shopping center about a mile away. The hotel is amid attractive office buildings and a block off the main highway so it is a little hard to see from the main highway but the location is an added benefit because it is easy to get in and out of the parking lot and also quiet. We found it easy to get to and from the Metro Station which we used to visit Washington DC. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank takeoffandtravel
Reviewed October 19, 2007

I am always pleased with Hilton Garden Inns. This one was no exception. Very nice staff. Typical room but very comfortable. Great beds and linens. Didn't get a chance to check out many of the facilities due to the brief nature of my stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business