“Perfect everytime we stay here.”

Hilton Garden Inn Fairfax
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Durham, NH
“Perfect everytime we stay here.”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

You can't beat the rooms and value of this hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, large, have a refrigerator, nice desk to work on, flat screen,and newly renovated- so everything is new and clean. The lobby is welcoming as are the staff helpful. The best part is the complentary SB coffee and teas which you can enjoy by the gas fireplace. My only complaint is the gym- which is limited, and there is not much around here in terms of restaurants. I also wish there was an outside place or pool to sit at on nice days ( the cherry blossoms were in bloom). Parking is free and ample. My son lives in Fairfax and I have tried many of the hotels near by and I keep coming back to this one.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Of course, a hotel is far more than a bathroom - it's a bed and TV as well! This Hilton Garden Inn is obviously newer, and is in the condition you'd expect a new HGI to be in: Spectacular.

The beds are the usual Hilton masterpieces, and the flat-screen TV was in good working order. The bathroom, while smaller, was positively perfect in every way. I was a housekeeper in a four-star hotel many years ago, and I'm fairly exacting when it comes to cleanliness (though forgiving in some areas that aren't really up to the cleaning staff but many reviewers attribute to housekeeping).

The lobby is nice and the business center computers are up-to-snuff, which is surprisingly rare considering how cheap replacing an outdated desktop is.

The staff was a great, and upon hearing of our exhausting tale of woe, comped us two beverages (one a wine) from the little store near the lobby. They also gladly extended our stay until 1 PM to make up for our late arrival!

• Stayed March 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed March 3, 2011

From the front desk staff to the housekeepers, you will be hard pressed to find a more accommodating hotel and service staff. The breakfast and restaurant are incredibly good and offer a wide and varied menu to satisfy any pallet. The lounge staff, well you gotta experience it for yourself! The beer is always cold, the drinks are always on point, and the staff is always fun and entertaining. It’s almost like being at home! It’s my home away from home when in the Northern Virginia area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Very nice firm beds, people who call you by your name because they actually remember you, caring, detail-oriented professional staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dawgmalala
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I am a Hilton Diamond member so, you could say, I stay in a lot of Hilton properties. I also stay in this particular HGI once a month. It's the best Hilton property I've stayed in. Yes, it's just a HGI, but Steve's staff know my name, know I drink decaf tea with breakfast, chardonnay with dinner, know I work out, and know where I am from. I don't think I stay enough to warrant that kind of attention. It's just what they do. So if you have to travel to the DC area or need a special break, come visit Steve and his staff at HGI, Fairfax.

I lowered this HGI on value only because the D.C. area is generally so expensive. It's not because of the specific hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank looneyjm
Warnerville NY
Reviewed November 27, 2010

One of the advantages of being a hotel "rewards" member is -- the rewards. I do a lot of traveling, which resulted in some reward points that my husband and I used toward an anniversary trip to the Washington DC area. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn based both on its own good reviews and this chain brand's near-perfect record for consistency.

First to last, this place was a delight. As I have come to expect with HGI properties, the room was immaculate, up to date, and extremely comfortable. I don't think anyone on the staff forgot our names or that it was our anniversary the entire five days we were there. They were delightfully helpful in scheming to sneak a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries up to our room while we were out, surprising my husband. (The presentation of same was very special, too: sugar-rimmed glasses, extra fruit decorated and served with panache.) The location was very good, with a small shopping center next door with a Harris Teeter, and the local metro stop was easy to get to (though their shuttle bus did not run nearly as often as it might have; it may be problematical if you don't have a car).

Definitely a place to recommend; every positive report about them here on Trip Advisor can be trusted!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveling_Psychic
Dayton, PA
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My family and I recently travled to Fairfax, VA for a wedding. This hotel was wonderful, everything was clean, nothing looked worn, and the staff was very friendly. We had flat screen TV's in our rooms, all of us had mini fridges, my aunt requested a room with a king or queen bed I can't remember but it was a sleep number bed. My mother and I had a room with double beds and they were very plush and comfortable. The hotel had an ok size pool and hot tub. I didn't eat or drink the there so I can't comment on that, although my aunt and uncle had breakfast there and they said it was excellent.. they came in too late for the breakfast but the cook made omlets for them anyways. Michael the desk clerk was lovely and very hospitable. I would love to stay here again, the Fairfax mall is just minutes down the road there are things to do everywhere! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family