“Hard to find parking”

Thai by Thai
Ranked #98 of 424 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a sort of fast food Thai place you order at the counter then they bring it to you. I guess that is how they keep the prices a little bit lower than some of the other Thai places in the area. I only had the Thai fried rice which was really good and the chicken sate which I did not like one bit. The chicken tasted wierd the sate sauce was very spicy. I would probably not go back considering there are many other Thai places in the area that I like better. The food here was okay but, the place was very small and crowed maybe 8 or 9 tables and the parking was horrible. I had to park in the lot down the street and walk.

There are newer reviews for Thai by Thai

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a small cafe type restaurant with a seating capacity ~25. Smallish and cozy. When you get there, you can review the menu on the side wall before ordering at the cashier. While the menu is not huge, it has all the Thai essentials - pad thai and noodles, tom yum soup, curries, sticky rice etc. After ordering, you will be given a number and the kitchen starts on your order. All dishes are very Thai authentic and in good portion sizes. Our family of 4 (2 boys aged 11 and 14) normally order the sun dried beef and satay or wings, a tom yum or tom kha soup for appetizers. Our entrée typically includes a noodle - pad thai or noodle soup, a crab fried rice and another "new" item on the menu. For drinks, we sometimes go for the Thai ice tea but it's always too sweet. To finish, we have the mango with sticky rice (need to be in mango season). My boys would just have the coconut stick rice on its own without the mango. As always, everyones' really contented after the meal here.

Strongly recommended if you want to try some authentic Thai food - no frills and affordable.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a nice neighborhood Thai restaurant, they cook your food to order, and you can order degree of heat. Beware ordering Thai hot, they do it right!

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Very good. Love the pad ginger. Always fresh. Difficult parking sometimes.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I am not a big Thai food lover; the first time I tried pad thai was from this place. A co-worker convinced me to order with him, so I tried regular pad thai with chicken, and he went to pick it up.

I was pleasantly surprised with how light and tasty it was. It was not as heavy or alien to me as I thought it would be. They use thinner, lighter noodles and plenty of good quality chicken. I usually have leftovers. It was a good way to foray into the Thai food experience for me!