“A night out”

Ranked #3 of 425 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: GAR's tribute to Chris "Ozzie" Osborn, GAR's Head Foodie since 1981. Offering reservations for parties up to sixty and featuring our full menu to go.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten at Ozzies about 6 times and really enjoyed every meal. The pasta dishes are great but I also liked the steak salad. This restaurant very clean and tastfully decorated. The service is great and the staff is friendly. A nice ending of a night out.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ozzie's has a few of those Great American Restaurant (GAR) things you see at their other places, the rolls, the wait staff's uniforms, but it also has a very good and different menu all its own. The wait staff is very attentive and works in a team environment with many different people stopping by the table either delivering dishes, or picking them up. Our waitress on this night hovered a bit and came by three times in pretty rapid sucession to get our dinner order. This is something I am not overjoyed with, but it was slow and I am sure she was looking for something to keep busy. As for the food, the chopped salad is very good with olives and peppers and a bright dressing. The rissoto balls are fried well with a nice crunch and gooey, warm middle. They are served atop a light marinara with a little cheese and parsley.

The main courses for this night were the tagliatelle with veal, pork & beef meatballs and the chicken parmesan, which is served atop the same tagliatelle. The meatballs are nice, a little dense, but good overall. The chicken parm is good, though the breading was a little heavy, to the point the breadcrumbs were the only flavor which broke through.

Overall the meal was good and worth another trip back. It would be nice to see some other fresh pastas on the menu, but this GAR take on Italian is worth your time.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our party of 7 ate here and we are all acustomed to eating at the American Restaurants such as Artie's, Mike's, and Coastal Flats. This has a clean and nice ambience and professional staff but the food is kind of a joke. I ordered the lasagna which they craved about and it was comical. It was the lunch plate and was only like 6 inches wide and in length and not even an inch in height. I have never ate lasagna only an inch thick and the worst part is they charge 13 dollars. I am a standard man, 200lbs, with a good appetite and could have eaten three of those dishes. Lasagna was just okay. If you want to compare, go to Brio in Tyson's Corner and the lasagna is double the size and tastes a whole lot better for the same price. One in our party had the Waldorf salad and enjoyed it very much. The kids plates were just okay..I tried my son's chicken parmesan plate with pasta and was very disappointed. I can do better pasta out of the box at home and the chicken was nothing to write home about. Brio's kids plates are about 10 notches better. Overall, I would say stay away from here and if you are hungry you might want to stop at
McDonald's on the way before hand. If you like Italian and live in Prince William County, try a real Italian restaurant like Tony's Pizza in Bristow, Manassas, or Dominion Valley. I hear Pomodoro's just down the road from Fairfax Corner is similar to Tony's Pizza..authentic and they give generous portions and much more for your money.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant has not failed me yet. Ozzie's has excellent service and food! Their bread that comes out before the meal is fresh, hot and amazing! Long waits on weekends though!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

As with all Great American Restaurants in the chain food is great and service is great. You can't go wrong. The only thing with Ozzie's is the menu is not as exciting to me. I have never had a bad meal but I also never see too many interesting things on the menu.