“Maintenance needs work”

Residence Inn Fairfax City
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had a one-night stay early this week. The room is comfortable, nicely laid out, and has a comfortable bed and work space (including comfortable seating to meet with a person or three). The breakfast is very good.

However, the desk drawer was full of trash (used tissues, gum wrappers, old lipsticks); there were used toothpicks underneath the phone on one nightstand; the lamp on the other nightstand didn't work; the bottom drawer of the dresser wouldn't stay closed, and the lampshade on the desk lamp was very wobbly because the nut on top was stripped. So, what could have been an "excellent" room becomes merely "average."

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
RI Fairfax City M, Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax City, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear PHLRick,

We really appreciate you letting us know about your experience at our hotel. Comments like yours help us improve our service and focus our attention on the details that make our rooms excellent. Let us know next time you’re in the area and we’ll be sure to go the extra mile for you. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Best Regards,

Residence Inn Fairfax City Manager
ri.iadrf.agm@marriott.com

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This Residence Inn in Fairfax is definitely one of my favorite. I previously stayed at a RI in Long Island and was not all that impressive. Traveled to DC from NYC, made a stop at Washington. Then Continued right down to Fairfax to then head back to the capital the following morning. About a 15-20 min ride from Fairfax to Washington. At this location the room was very spacious, CLEAN and comfy. Up to date with all of its appliances. Loved the dual shower head. Traveled with two youngsters, they seemed to enjoyed it even more than I did. Complimentary Breakfast was excellent, great selection of food, dining area was very comfortable. Although, I did stay for only one night, it was very pleasant, wish I could have extended my stay. Front desk and staff was very welcoming and helpful. Overall excellent experience, area felt safe and would definitely consider coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CityGal24
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This Residence Inn is one of the nicest and cleanest I have ever stayed in. I was working at all 5 of the Inova hospitals and this hotel is fairly convenient to all of them. There are a lot of places to eat very close to the hotel and the staff is always friendly and helpful! This is where I will stay for any future trips I have to DC!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RI Fairfax City M, Manager at Residence Inn Fairfax City, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Bobby L,

Thank you so much for being our first review in April!! I will be sure to share your kind comments about our friendliness with the staff. I'm glad you found our location convenient for your work. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the future.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and taking the time to let us know about your experience!!

Best Regards,

Residence Inn Fairfax City

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were suppose to stay here for 2 nights but end up checking out early...due to other circumstances. This is the BEST place to stay if you are in fairfax. We have stayed in SpringHill suites in December and it had some flaws. You will not be disappointed. The rooms are new and clean. The bathroom is roomy, clean with big frameless shower. It was quiet though I was skeptic since it is in the middle of Fairfax city. We had a king bed with pull out sofa and the sofa was NOT like the old ones you pull out and you end up having a bad back in the morning. It had a full kitchen in the room with an area for 2 people to sit and eat. The pictures are very accurate online and it was so clean, I was amazed!
I would rate this place to be higher than some places I have been in the US. The front desk was friendly and when we asked for a late check-out (1:00) we were given. I can't say much for the breakfast since my husband and the boys had to leave early for a swim meet. They stayed here and I checked in for them but ended going home to attend to another child. We live 31 miles away and we needed to be close to the GMU aquatic center. The only downside is that though GMU is less than 3 miles away, there is traffic during rush hour which makes it going there at least 15 minutes. Other than that, you can't go wrong. Will stay here if we need to again.

Room Tip: High floor room was good and quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank trixgirl
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great hotel! Almost like home but with maid service. Comfortable room with kitchen. Breakfast and evening snack. Personable staff. I have stayed at most hotels in the area. This place is at the top of my list. I will be back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Caren_H
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a great stay this past weekend at this hotel. Room was nice with a kitchen area. Breakfast was good. Will stay again when back in the area. Beware if you attend a concert at the Patriot Center that the taxis are far and few!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

This Residence Inn is nothing less than FANTASTIC! I am staying for the second stay this month! The hotel is 3 years old, spotless, modern, excellent beds (they have just replaced the box springs and mattresses in the rooms), and the rooms are spacious. Each of the rooms have a kitchen area with granite countertops and fully equipped with tableware and cooking utensils, diswasher, microwave, refrigerater with

Stayed: March 2014