WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Residence Inn Fairfax City

Residence Inn Fairfax City
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Service...Stayed one night on business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I recently stayed one night in this hotel. Since my flight from Canada was delayed I reached very late in the night. The check in was fast, and the person at the reception was very kind to go and get me some fruits from the kitchen since I was starving. Really appreciated that kind gesture.

The room was spacious, and very well appointed. The bathroom was veryu clean and the shower pressure was pretty good.

The bed was also very comfortable.

Check out was smooth too.

NOTE: Getting a taxi seems to take for ever. So plan at least 30 mins between the time you call for a cab, and it reaching the hotel.

SUMMARY: Good stay. Will stay again in this hotel if i am in this area again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank goadude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Fleetwood, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed at the Residence Inn on Chain Bridge Road on eight different occasions, as our son is attending George Mason University, just 2 miles away. This hotel is very convenient to the college and is a God sent to us.

Every time we arrive the staff is very friendly, they treat us like family and it is like coming to our second home - which it is and will be for several more years.

The rooms are extremely clean, well kept, spacious, and whenever we do need something the staff is very prompt in answering.

We've only been able to enjoy the pool one time during a summer visit, but it was very clean and the area was well kept.

The hot breakfast is an added benefit and the staff there is also very friendly and helpful.

Overall I would highly recommend this Residence Inn to anyone traveling in the area or especially parents visiting their son/daughter at GMU.

Thank you to the staff for helping make the new chapter in our life enjoyable and worry free.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious, clean, and very good value. One bedroom King suites are our favorite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott RI this weekend and it was terrific. The hotel is top-notch with beautiful finishes and amenities. I knew we were onto something when we got to our room and we found a lovely well-appointed guest room--- custom cabinetry, granite counters , stainless appliances and Paul Mitchell toiletries. The next morning we headed down to breakfast and were greeted with a spread!!! Not your usual canned fare-- we found fresh, homemade eggs, decadent chocolate muffins, crispy home fries---- all delicious!!! Flat screens, mini booths-- at breakfast. Newspapers abound for the readers. As we were checking out I asked who designed the hotel. It urns out it was a custom built hotel--- well it shows!!!! Hope we have another opportunity to stay at this gem!

My view is you can't miss with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

great location. easy to get to the musuems using the metro which is near this hotel. they offered free breakfast with many choices and plenty of it also a few nights a week they offer a dinner also very good..we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel gave a great impression when I did the online search. Upon arrival, I was highly impressed by the place and the room. The evening dinners they offered were okay but the room and features were by far worth the stay. Unfortunately, my room was located just beside the fitness room but I was so busy that I didn't mind it the first night. The second night it was a bit annoying but learned to ask for a higher level floor room moving forward. It did, however, get me to the gym one of the mornings I was there. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the satellite/tv feed on certain channels. Once I made them aware of this and the problem could not be solved, they moved me to a different room. Unfortunately, I moved my stuff myself but I got a message from the management apologizing and extra Marriott rewards points for my stay as a service recovery, which is definitely appreciated. If in the area again, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't be on the first floor near the fitness center.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The room was like an apartment so really nice! Full kitchen. Only issue for me was no bathtub :(
Internet had issues so not so nice...Manager did give hotel points because of this so very good :)
When there was noise from room above me manager handled :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott customer and stayed here to be close to the Vienna metro station to get into DC. The rooms were really nice, great showers, very clean, safe location, helpful and courteous staff. Really good continental breakfast too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple