“Brand New, Perfect for Business, my new first choice in Fairfax.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Fairfax City

Residence Inn Fairfax City
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Richmond, Virginia
“Brand New, Perfect for Business, my new first choice in Fairfax.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

It’s not often you get to be the very first person ever to stay in a hotel room. But since the hotel opened at 3 pm the day I arrived, I had the privilege. Needless to say, the maintenance level, cleanliness, freshness, etc of the room was perfect. It WAS brand new after all. So let me try to find some other things to evaluate.

Good size rooms, even for a Residence. I had the one bedroom suite, and my room was on a middle angle of the building. It may sound silly, but the room had a unique shape that broke it up from the usual adjoining boxes. Two quite large TVs with a plethora of HD channels. Points off for not having a channel guide yet, but I notified that management. Hopefully they took care of that. No bathtub, but the glass shower was big enough for a two man campsite. Very comfortable sofas. I have a hot button for electrical outlets. There is a power strip built into the desk, so I was thrilled.

One last thing about the room. First, no decent hotel should charge for internet. Beyond that, internet access should be available both wired and wireless. Some corporate VPNs will not work wirelessly. This new Residence Inn gave me both - exactly what I wanted.

The breakfast/reception area is quite large and nicely appointed. There is also a separate sitting area, and the business center is also is a separate. All in all, a nice arrangement that keeps you from feeling crowded and makes the lobby a nice place to meet.

I hope the staff keeps their friendliness level. I can’t help but suspect that being new has a lot to do with it, but the entire staff pauses their work to greet you. (Note to management: keep that up, extra points.)

If you have business in the Fairfax area, this is a good choice. It has all the usual Residence amenities, but all stepped up a bit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank slovaktoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first