“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chain bridge, Rt 50
Transit: Vienna Metro
Description: Experience our MANTRA (MAGIC) of making CURRIES. Enjoy Curries with Classic & Traditional decor. The Best of Fairfax.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

One look at the strip that Curry Mantra inhabits, and you begin to make assumptions. Saying that it has humble exterior aesthetics is putting it lightly. I ventured inside with my girlfriend on a Friday evening, and was pleasantly surprised by the warm and inviting atmosphere the restaurant had. The live music was phenomenal as well; I was incredibly impressed. Now, time to get down to the meat of the review: the food and service.

The service was perfect. Our water was always refilled by a funny server who always gave us smiles with his witty remarks. All of the other staff was respectful and pleasant as well, including the host, who had a personality of her own. I have no complaints about the service.

The food was largely impressive, with some bumps. The bhelpuri appetizer was pretty good; light and refreshing. The naan was good with nothing extraordinary to report. My saag paneer was excellent... but I wish there was more paneer pieces. There were only about 4 in the entire bowl that I was given, which left me wanting a little more. The malai kofta had a good sauce, but the cheese balls had a strange texture to go with it. It was interesting, but wasn't amazing by any means.

Overall, our experience was wonderful, and we cannot wait to go back again in the future.

2  Thank Drew V
There are newer reviews for Curry Mantra

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Love this restaurant. It's the highlight of the trip when we have visitors in town. Great lunch buffet too!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Heard good reviews from foodies but never visited. Went to a birthday party dinner last Saturday with a party of 16. Very authentic looking and dress by staff. Service was good but not excellent, but they were busy at the time we were there. Prices were fair but was surprised they offered bread for the table and we later found it on the bill. Each ordered something different at my table and we shared. It was all good, but I did pass on the goat. Not being a fan of Indian food I don't know how it stacks up. but it is a nice diversion.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have all but stopped looking for another Indian restaurant to try because our entire family likes this one so much. The food is consistently good and they make you feel very welcome. The service can be a little off at times, but all in all it's a great place to eat and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

The food is good, not great. The lighting a little too bright, the temperature too low. The prices are $2-4 higher than other Indian restaurants for each entree. I think the Jaipur, also in Fairfax, is much better.