“Excellent food and service for our large group. ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Choices By Shawn

Choices By Shawn
Reserve with OpenTable
Choices By Shawn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 416 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Just opened a couple years ago. Their web address is http://choicesbyshawn.com.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent food and service for our large group. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this place for a large gathering. There were 12 in our group and we had a lovely little room to ourselves. The menu was quite varied so everyone in our group had something different. It all looked delicious. Butternut squash soup, gnocchi, mussels, salads, burgers, sandwiches, and crab cakes. It was simply delicious. We topped our meal off with delicious deserts. The favorites were an apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream on top and a salted caramel crunch cake with a side of homemade maple walnut ice cream! Just wonderful. The service was great. We did have to wait a little bit for our meal but since there were 12 of us it was expected. Our server was great. She stayed on top of all if our requests and she was very sweet. Our group is thinking of coming back for a nice afternoon tea one day. We loved the place.

1 Thank RATCHELL26

Dandridge, Tennessee
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My fiance and I went to Fairfax recently to visit my college roommate and her Mom, who happened to be in town too. For dinner one evening, rather than cooking, my roommate took us all to this restaurant, saying it was a local favorite of hers. Her Mom is gluten intolerant, and my roommate has some particular food preferences too, so this restaurant was a refreshing option for them, since it actually offers gluten free menu choices.

The atmosphere was very nice, the restaurant is located in an old house, and had a beautifully decorated interior. We had a comfortable table, and a friendly server. The wine list was extensive, and we found an enjoyable white on the menu. The menu selection was very good, it was hard to select from all the delicious looking options. I ended up getting their southern fried chicken and my fiance got the grilled meatloaf. As an appetizer for the table, we got the duck sliders. Everything was delicious! We just couldn't stop eating, and I think everyone cleaned their plates.

I would definitely recommend Choices, I enjoyed our entire meal there.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank marinerjess
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Offering No choice but to leave!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The outside porch is deserted like in an old house. No one cares about how the customer feels before stepping into the place. Chairs and tables are rusting in the rain outside, and some are reluctantly thrown upside down. Then you step inside the restaurant to a smelly stuffy atmosphere. My friend her child and I were escorted by a woman with a reddish spiky hair that is extremely rude and unwelcoming. The place was half occupied (go figure) but she chose a table in a narrow corner to seat us. When we asked for the bigger table by the window, she kinda frowned at us and said "This is for four!" When I told her the place is almost empty, she kept that rude facial expression "Ok, but it's lunch time and the place gets busy". By that time, I was already turned off and we left the place for the awesome Indian buffet across the street "Bollywood Bistro" where you get a 5-star experience. There's good management and bad management, and between the two restaurants lose a whole lot of unsatisfied customers. NEVER going back to that horrible place "Choices" that actually gives you no choice but to leave immediately.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank GlobeTrekkerFromDC
New York, NY
“A terrible dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had planned a birthday dinner for eight. When we arrived, they had yet to set our table. They must have been seriously under-staffed, as service throughout dinner was simply awful. Our waiter was a nice-looking and earnest young man, who seemed to know nothing. He brought one small bread basket fir a table of eight, literally not enough to share for all. Water glasses went I refreshed unless asked. We had to ask for our first bottle of wine three times, which took almost 30 minutes to appear. It was an hour before our main courses arrived. An hour. Dessert arrived with out enough forks. It was like a comic opera, except it wasn't that amusing. Our young waiter was nice, but alas that simply wasn't enough to offset our dreadful experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bulldogNYC
Aspers, Pennsylvania
“Great place for a Gathering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went here for breakfast and Daughters baby shower. The side room was large enough to fit 15 people and children comfortably. This is a first visit for my Wife and me and the breakfast was substantial and quite delicious. When it came to desert however, the pickings were rather sparse as they had run out of most of their menu. The waitstaff was excellent, food was served at the same time, and the facility had plenty of off street parking. The pricing for breakfast was close to prices from other local restaurants. We would come back if in the area for lunch or dinner.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AndTodo2

Been to Choices By Shawn? Share your experiences!