“Ouch. That hurts”

Ranked #93 of 450 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Chili. Wings. Burgers. Sports. Let us know what you thought or of any changes you think would help! Any review is a good review to help us improve!
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

You know that feeling you get after thanksgiving dinner. Like there are hard rocks in your stomach.

Well. Thanks giving comes once a year unless you eat here. No matter how little you eat you walk out STUFFED.

I know you won't listen. Once you pick this place your fare is sealed... Bigger pants or sweat pants. Oh well. Burpppppppp

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We visit this location about once a month and have been doing so for years. The chili is good and the restaurant is a good value. The service has fallen so dramatically that we'll be trying one of their other locations for a while. We dined there this week and were disappointed at every turn. We tried to order the evening special that was posted at the table and on the entry chalkboard, but were told we were wrong (2nd visit in a row). So instead of the listed cheap 20 ounce domestics, I ordered a half price margarita. It took so long to get it that I knew it couldn't be good. It showed up on the rocks instead of the frozen I ordered. When I finally got to taste it, it was unclear what it was - but it wasn't a margarita. Folks - if you're going to have a margarita special, have someone in attendance that can make one. Both food orders were incorrect - hers with onions we'd asked them to hold and mine with cheddar instead of parmesan. When the bill came, we had been overcharged (2nd visit in a row). Special note about the specials - take them real literally. Several weeks ago I had a 20 ounce domestic for $2.50 (unbelievable bargain), while my wife was charged $4.50 for a 14 ounce beer of the same brand. The chili is good, but the overall experience is diminished by the feeling that the wait staff was showing up on their first night of work without any training whatsoever.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The chili caused diarrhea one time, but another time it was OK. It's a little cheap looking.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

This place is great! They specialize in chili mac which is chili on spaghetti. Of course they have bowls of chili and a frito pie which is chili with fritos. They have 4 types of chili: Cincinatti, Texas, Terlingua, and Veggie (in order of spiciness). A couple of chili tips - you can ask for half of one chili and half of another (I like the Texas and Terlingua), you can ask for extra grease on the Texas and it comes out more soupy, you can get a tenderfoot size (may not be on the menu) for a little cheaper as the portions of the chili mac are huge, and you can ask for a chili sampler which is free to taste all the chilis before you order. If you get full size chili mac, you can ask for a large bowl with it so that it will fit on the plate or it is tough to eat without the spaghetti falling off the plate. I also love the wings here. They are grilled, buffalo style with chili powder sprinkled on them. They are so good that I have been to Hard Times before and just ordered wings - but the chili is so good that it is tough to pass up. They also have good sweet tea which is a big plus in my book.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

If you love chili this is the place. Texas or Cincinnati, the chili is superb. It is inexpensive yet a really good meal. Five way is the best, but get only a half order od the spaghetti.
We did not scratch and claw our way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables - and the only vegetables are the fabulous onion rings!