“Pretty good food, strange atmosphere”
Review of Icons Sports Lounge & Grille - CLOSED

Icons Sports Lounge & Grille
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good food, strange atmosphere”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

On a Friday night at 7:30, few were there- a little suspicious. My next observation was the atmosphere- an underground room in what appears to be an office building in Old Town Fairfax. I would overall describe the place as man cave (lots of TVs, as expected), with elements of a conference room and a lounge- a little weird. Service was fine, but not amazing. I ordered the southwestern burger, and it actually wasn't bad. I'm picky, so I asked for it without the ranch dressing, but honestly it didn't need it because the burger was already loaded with two patties, pepper jack cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and jalapeños. The waffle fries that came with it all were pretty good, too. They were crispy, not raw, and had good flavor. As for the value, we had a coupon from LivingSocial, but the prices seemed fair- around $7-9 for a fairly large burger. Overall, if you're looking for decent bar food and aren't particular about atmosphere, this place isn't a bad choice.

1 review from our community